Hanyang Cyber University (HYCU)
Description of Hanyang Cyber University (HYCU)
- Established: 2002
- Type: higher education institution
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Language of instruction: English.
The dissemination of knowledge-based information in the 21st century has caused a wave of changes in society. Subsequently, it was higher education institutions that became the driving force behind the active search for ways to effectively adapt. In 2002, Hanyang Cyber University (HYCU) was established in South Korea to prepare courses for a new wave of educational change.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Hanyang Cyber University (HYCU)
- HYCU wins grand prize as CSR Leader from JoongAng Ilbo and JTBC (2013)
- The institution ranks first in terms of the Quality of Service Index of the Korean Standards Association (KS-SQL) among national universities for three consecutive years.
- HYCU Korea's First and Largest Cyber Education High School
- The university has partnership agreements with 59 domestic enterprises including KTF, LG, GS and Samsung
- The institution provides scholarships to its students.
Facilities and equipment at Hanyang Cyber University (HYCU)
HYCU is located in the capital of South Korea - Seoul. University logistics includes:
- Online Workshop Center
- Integrated Research Institute
- The library
- University Hospital.
Admission dates and extra charges
HYCU has a two-semester school year.
- Entry fee = 30 000 ₩
- Entrance fee = 300 000 ₩
- Student Council Fee = 20,000 ₩
- Cost of living in Seoul = $ 1001 -1558 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Education Documents
- Filled in application form
- Personal application + curriculum
- Exam essay
- Certificate of English Proficiency TOEIC / TOEFL / TEPS
- Documents confirming the status of a foreign citizen
- Certificate of facts relating to the entry and exit of the applicant
- Certificate certifying a bank balance in excess of $ 10,000
- Application for financial support to the applicant or his family
- Student card application form
- Two color 3x4 photos.
Documents of education must be translated into English, notarized and apostilled.
All documents submitted for admission must be genuine. If the originals cannot be presented, then the copy must be certified by the seal of the institution issuing the document.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Hanyang Cyber University (HYCU)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.