Description of Tongmyong University
- Established: 1977
- Type: private higher education institution
- Location: Busan, South Korea
- Language of instruction: English, Korean.
Tongmyong University (TU) was founded in 1977 by Tongmyong Lumber Corporation, which was one of the leaders in the industrialization of the Republic of Korea in the 1960s and 1670s.
The educational goal of the university is based on special knowledge and technologies for the development of human capital: TU strives to achieve high standards of cooperation between industrial companies and educational institutions, which will be applied in local, national and international corporations.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tongmyong University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The institution provides a hostel to its students.
The university provides its students with the opportunity to participate in international exchange programs and scholarship programs.
Facilities and equipment at Tongmyong University
TU is located in southeastern South Korea on the shores of the Korean Channel in Busan.
The material and technical base of the university includes its own library and sports infrastructure.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Entrance fee 440 000 ₩ -550 000 ₩
- The cost of living in Busan is 710 $ -1134 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the educational institution you must:
- Education document
- Research plan
- Student's parents must both be foreigners / One of the student's parents must be a foreigner
- TOPIK 3
- TOEFL 550 / CBT 210 / iBT 80 / IELTS 5.5 / TEPS 550
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of the applicant’s passport and registration card
- Copy of foreign registration (residents of the Republic of Korea)
- Photo 3x4 / 3,5x4,5 (5 pcs., White background)
- Copy of Family Certificate
- Financial guarantees (minimum $ 18,000).
All academic documents must be notarized.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tongmyong University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.