Description of Kangnam University
- Established: 1946
- Type: private higher education institution
- Location: Yongin, Republic of Korea
- Language of instruction: English, Korean.
Kangnam University (KNU) is a private higher education institution in South Korea, which began operations in 1946. Faced with quantitative expansion and qualitative growth in the 1990-2000s, KNU managed to create the image of a small but strong national university.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kangnam University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides its students with a dormitory (double rooms).
Cost of living = 640 000 ₩ / semester.
- International students can get a discount on tuition from 30% to 67% of the cost
- KNU has entered into international exchange agreements with more than 120 educational institutions from 18 countries.
Facilities and equipment at Kangnam University
The university is located in Yongin, 40 kilometers from the capital of South Korea - Seoul. Infrastructure includes its own library and sports facilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year. Autumn semester begins in September, spring semester - in March.
- The cost of living in Yongin = 835 972 ₩ -1 400 312 ₩ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Education document + statement with grades
- Certificate TOPIK level 3
- TOEFL 550 / CBT 210 / IBT 80 / IELTS 5.5 / TEPS 550
- Bank statement (account balance of at least $ 15,000 for more than 6 months)
- Birth certificate
- Copy of the first page of the passport
- Copy of passports of parents
- Photo on a light background (3.5x4.5) 2 pcs.
- Help from the house book.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kangnam University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.