Seoul National University - Saul Tehakkyo (SNU) is the best state university in South Korea. It is included in the TOP-30 of innovative universities all over the world. In Seoul National University students can study various profiles - scientific, technical, humanitarian. It is considered a higher educational institution of general profile.
1895 is called the year of the foundation of the university, at this time the countdown of his academic activity begins, and the order for the opening was given by the emperor. At the moment, the official date of the foundation of the SNU in its modern, current form, is called August 22, 1946. It was on this day that a dozen small educational institutions were united into one university.
Bachelor's degree is represented most widely. Bachelor's degree is available in all 16 colleges of the University. Specialties:
Master's degree can be obtained through 72 basic and 30 interdisciplinary training programs. Among them:
In this universities, students can study in faculties that occupy high places in international rankings. Sole Tehakkyo boasts five such faculties. On the first line the faculty of innovation and engineering is confidently holding.
The study of living languages is a program included in the TOP-20 best programs, attracts a lot of those who enter the Humanities Department. SNU has the strongest research center, which belongs to the Faculty of Natural Sciences, one of the most powerful at the Suele National University. Programs in the field of chemistry and astrophysics attract many incoming, but the highest rating of employment at the Faculty of Sociology and Management. The main advantage of joining the SNU is a huge number of programs, serious developments that enable students of the university to gain a foothold in the scientific world.
In different parts of Seoul there are three campuses of the University. In the center of the city is the main campus, founded in 1975. At his disposal there are libraries, academic buildings and residences for students. Yangon - an auxiliary campus is localized near the Han River. Its infrastructure is quite developed. A new campus is located outside the city - an excellent place for students to live. There are also libraries, gyms, a large number of shops.
Interesting facts about SNU
Sole Tehakkyo is a university that has established cooperation with many world organizations. Graduates of the university can expect a good job. For many decades, SNU has been cooperating with organizations such as the UN and the World Bank.
In the social and economic life of South Korea, the SNU occupies an important place. More than half of politicians and judges were educated in Sole Tehakkyo.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.