Dong Eui University
Description of Dong Eui University
- Established: 1977
- Location: Busan, South Korea
- Number of students: 23,000
- Language of instruction: Korean, English
- Type: private.
Dong Eui University is one of South Korea's oldest private universities, founded in 1977. The university offers 116 study programs - today 23,000 people receive education in Dong Eui. There are 10 colleges and 6 higher schools on the basis of Dong Eui University.
The university was originally founded as a four-year college, named after the founding foundation - Dong Eui. The college received the title of higher educational institution in 1983, in the same year graduate school was opened. The main goal of the university is to promote national prosperity through education.
The educational institution received an international class E, established cooperation with universities:
- Japan (Kyoto University, Universities Dodo, Fukui, etc.)
- China (East China Normal University, Shandong University of Chinese Traditional Medicine, etc.)
- USA (Socramento State University, Florida International University)
- Australia (Newcastle and Griffith Universities)
- Indonesia (Airlang University)
- Philippines (University of Ateneo de Manila)
- Thailand (Rangsit)
- Vietnam (Vietnam State Institute of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Germany (University of Paderborn)
- UK (University of Manchester, Oxford University).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Dong Eui University
Accommodation, meals, prices
There are three dormitories on campus with more than 1,500 students. Preference is given to freshmen and foreigners. The cost depends on the accommodation option. The hostels are divided into male and female floors.
All residences are equipped with laundry rooms, dining rooms, cafes, shops, student lounge rooms, post offices.
Students can cook on their own by purchasing groceries in Busan stores. Ready meals can be bought in the dining room and cafeteria.
- Management encourages sports: the baseball team has won national championships four times, football, judo and fencing teams have shown good results
- About 1,500 university teachers have the highest category or academic degree
- Among the famous graduates of Dong Eui University are Juno singer, actors Kim Yoon-suk and O Dal-Su
- Successful students get the opportunity to participate in international exchange programs and a double diploma.
Facilities and equipment at Dong Eui University
On the basis of Dong Eui work:
- Business incubator
- Center for Creative Economics and Industrialization
- Seafood Sanitary Control Center
- Center for Entrepreneurship Education
- Regional Innovation Center
- District center for children's catering
- Clinical Research Center of Korean Medicine
- Korean Fashion and Style Center
- Welder Training Center
- Center for International Cooperation.
The library system of the university consists of the Central Library and the Library of Korean Medicine, which are located in a nine-story building. The fund has more than a million books, 2000 periodicals, maps, documents, reports, microforms, etc.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year for undergraduate and graduate programs begins in September, you can start training at the Center for Continuing Education year-round.
In addition, accommodation, meals and registration fees are paid when submitting documents.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Dong Eui University , an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with certified translation
- Copies of the identity documents of the applicant and parents or legal representatives
- An essay on how an applicant sees his future
- Confirmation of sufficient amount of finance to pay for training
- Registration fee payment receipt
- Original certificate of delivery of TOPIC level 3 and above, TOEFL 530 (CBT197, iBT 71), IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2 or TEPS 600.
Some specialties require entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Dong Eui University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.