Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University
Description of Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University
- Established: in 2007
- Location: T. Edzhon, South Korea
- Age of students: from 17 years
- Type of studying: mixed
- Type of accommodation: half board (accommodation + breakfast)
- Language learning: English.
The Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University is one of the most prestigious business schools in Korea, offering world-class education for students from different countries. Teachers (all of them are doctors of science) from leading universities of the world help the entrepreneurial elite of the Asia-Pacific region to form, and the best applicants and students receive grants for program. All classes are conducted in English. The main goal of the program is to develop students' fundamental knowledge of the global economy, combined with the acquisition of business building skills in specific regions of the world.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Features of accommodation and meals in the Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University:
- The campus is located in an ecologically clean area - in a pine forest.
- Campus accommodation at the SolGeo international hostel is included in the tuition fee.
- Students are accommodated in double rooms equipped with their own bathrooms.
- Free access to a kitchen
- After the end of the first semester, it is possible to rent a one-room furnished apartment
- Daily breakfasts in the university canteen are included in the cost of study programs.
- The cost of lunch and dinner in the cafeteria and dining on campus is only $ 3 - $ 5.
Activities Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University
The campus has all the opportunities for an active student life:
- Maintain a healthy shape in the sports complex
- Participate in events, activities (sports day, a celebration of the identity of different cultures, a competition of business ideas and business cases)
- Go on excursions (around the city + weekend travel).
On the basis of the business school there are a variety of student clubs:
- Sports: football, basketball, volleyball, tennis
There is also a Career Center, where they organize:
- Meetings with top managers of corporations
- Visiting of job fairs
- Master classes for interviewing international companies
- Corporate ethics seminars
- Individual counseling.
- Accredited by the Association for the Development of University Business Schools AACSB, International Quality Assurance System IEQAS
- Second place in the nomination "Best Asian Business School" (Singapore, 2011)
- Top 10 Korean Dream Youth Universities
- Creative Korea Project grant from the Ministry of Education of South Korea ($ 5.1 million)
- Insignia "University with the largest number of foreign students"
- 100% employment of graduates within three months after graduation
- There are exchange and double degree programs with 250+ foreign universities
- American model of education, focused on the features of business in different parts of the world
- Allowed to work up to 20 hours a week in areas related to the future specialty.
Facilities and equipment at Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University
On campus business schools there are:
- Educational buildings
- Residence for living
- Cafeteria-dining room
- Korean restaurant
- Conference rooms
- Computer classes
- Five-storey sports complex (swimming pool, fitness center, sauna, basketball court, gym, stands for sporting events).
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year consists of trimesters:
- Spring (March 4 - June 21)
- Summer (optional to visit: June 24 - August 2)
- Autumn (August 26 - December 13)
- Winter (December 16 - January 24).
It is important to consider also the additional costs:
- Korean resident registration card + medical examination + bed linen
- Buying a local SIM card
- Food and accommodation
- Shopping, personal needs.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The following documents must be submitted for enrollment in the Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University:
- Application form
- High school diploma or bachelor degree
- Original or certified copy of the timesheet
- TOEFL English Certificate (minimum 61) or IELTS (5.5 minimum)
- Bank statement of the presence of $ 18,000 in the account (if the account is owned by parents, a notarized sponsorship letter is additionally required)
- Handwritten motivation letter (maximum 1000 words)
- Letters of recommendation (1 for BBA , 2 for MBA / MSMA)
- Resume (only for MBA / MSMA).
Also, be sure to have an interview via Skype in English.
- December 31 (spring semester)
- June 30 (fall semester).
Scholarships Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University
Applicants with high academic knowledge and high IELTS scores can receive a discount when paying:
- 40% BBA
- 50% MBA
- 70% MSMA
- 100% grant.
Features of receiving a discount (grant):
- The discount on admission depends on the average grade of the certificate and the certificate of the English language level, is valid for 1 semester, can be extended for academic success;
- The “Future Leadership Scholarship ” grant is awarded for high academic performance while studying at a business school. It is retained for the entire period of study and is 20% for MBA / 40% for MS MA.
Literature and references
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Solbridge International School of Business Woosong University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.