Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest state universities in Finland - in total, it has 6 branches in 3 cities: 4 campuses in Helsinki, 1 in Porvoo and 1 in Vierumäki. University programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of Finland.
The university offers education in 40 different specialties: business, economics, hotel and restaurant business, journalism, computer science, etc. In English, eight undergraduate programs are taught in the field of restaurant and tourism business, information technology, international business administration, sports management, multilingual management.
The teaching staff of the university includes about 400 qualified specialists.
Haag Helia University cooperates with 180 universities around the world, so university students regularly participate in international exchange programs and various projects between universities in different countries. During education, university students also have work experience, so after graduation they already have work experience.
For all the time they study in the undergraduate program, students must earn 210-240 credits (ECTS).
Haag Helia University has a special intensive undergraduate program "International Business", which lasts only 2 years and is aimed at obtaining the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge. Thanks to the methodology of this program, graduates become qualified specialists who are able to find a way out even of the most difficult situation.
For the entire period of study at the master's program, students must earn 90 credits (ECTS). After receiving a master's degree at Haag-Helia University, graduates quickly find work in leading world companies.
Students can live in a dormitory or in a rented apartment: the average cost of living is 4800 €, food costs about 4000 € per year.
On the campus in Helsinki there are 2 restaurants in which students can have a bite between classes, and a gym.
University buildings have modern technical equipment, have their own library and computer room, buildings for research and group work on projects. Wireless internet is available throughout.
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters and begins 2 times a year: in spring and autumn. For additional costs the student will spend 200-300 € per month.
For admission to the undergraduate program, applicants must provide a certificate of secondary education, a certificate confirming knowledge of the English language (TOEFL 83 / IELTS 6.0) and pass entrance exams. For admission to a magistracy, you will need a diploma of higher education, a resume, a motivation letter, a certificate confirming knowledge of the English language (TOEFL 92 / IELTS 6.5) and successful passing the entrance exams.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.