Switzerland has long established itself as a world leader in teaching students on the programs of hotel and tourist business, hospitality, hotel services, event and sports management. Employers all over the world appreciate the diplomas of Swiss educational institutions, and in particular the Glion Institute of Higher Education.
This is one of the most popular, prestigious and in demand schools of hotel and tourist business. The educational institution is located in Glion, a picturesque suburb of Montreux (the distance to Geneva can be overcome in about an hour), and there is also a separate campus in Bühl. The institution was founded in 1962 and today conducts instruction in English; The school has about 1600 students, and the total number of graduates already reaches 7,000 people who successfully work and build careers in 85 countries around the world.
Glion Hotel School and the Glion Institute of Higher Education founded the Association of Hospitality Schools in Switzerland (ASEH). Also, the institute has a prestigious organization of the American NEASC (New England Association of Schools and Colleges). All training programs - from undergraduate to MBA - include active practice and internships in Swiss hotels and restaurants (it is possible to take practice in other countries), and students necessarily receive wages. There is a special department for internships, which helps students find a suitable place to practice. Graduates of the Glion Institute of Higher Education receive the widest opportunities for employment and building a successful career. They work in the best companies, hotels and restaurants in the world, occupy leadership positions (approximately 65% of graduates) and are in demand by world-class specialists. Approximately 86% of graduates already have offers from employers before they receive a diploma of higher education! The Institute cooperates with a huge number of partners in the tourism and hospitality business - the total number of them reaches 15,000 companies! Every year, 40-60 representatives of companies, future employers, visit the institute in search of new labor, managers and managers for their corporations. Each student, according to statistics, receives 5-6 proposals for internships and practical work, from which he can choose the most attractive for himself personally.
Based on the results of independent statistics (TNS), the Glion Institute of Higher Education is one of the flagships of the specialized education in the tourist and hotel business, it sets high standards of quality that all schools and universities must meet. Today the hotel and tourist business is one of the most dynamically developing and diversified branches of the world. According to statistics, today in all countries there are more than 236 million (!) Vacancies for representatives of many spheres:
In the training programs, theoretical and practical lessons are harmoniously combined: this helps students to receive comprehensive literate training and is issued by already knowledgeable specialists with practical experience. Actively developing useful personal qualities, which in the future will help students build a successful career and take their place in the global tourism and hotel industry: communication skills, leadership and organizational qualities. At school, a sufficiently rigorous academic approach is welcomed, the intensity of teaching is high. The international atmosphere of campuses also positively affects: here students from 96 countries of the world study, therefore pupils are able to find a common language with the representative of any country, religious confession and nationality. Students become more tolerant and tolerant, share cultural experiences, get the opportunity for travel and internships around the world.
Very convenient and territorial location of the campuses of the Institute. In their free time - on weekends and holidays - students can go to France, Italy, Spain, Germany and even the UK. Thanks to the developed system of transport communication, the proximity of airports and railway stations, such trips will not be difficult.
The term of study for this program is 4 years; Obligatory practice and internship (in Switzerland or in another country of the world). Proposed specialties:
For admission to post-graduate programs, including a master's degree, you will be required to present a diploma of higher education (bachelor's or specialist's), and it is desirable that the specialty on which you were already studying should coincide, at least in part, with the one you chose For the master's program. The term of study is 1 year. Proposed specialties and their cost:
The Glion Institute was founded in 1962. In addition to higher education, you can also take an MBA program and get a degree in international management in the field of services and hospitality.
Features of the MBA program
- Duration - 1-2 years (2 semesters per year).
- The group's size is 20-25 people.
- Language of instruction: English.
- The beginning of the training: January, April, July, October.
- Program subjects: personnel management, administrative work, financial management and accounting, marketing in services and hospitality, strategic management, communications, entrepreneurship and business planning, corporate and social responsibility.
- Primary: 1 year (for training on the campus of the Institute in London or Switzerland).
- Mixed: 2 years (on campus and online).
- Online program: 2 years (without training directly on the territory of the institute).
- copy of the passport;
- a copy of the diploma of completed higher education (bachelor) in business, tourism, hospitality or event organization;
- resume from portfolio;
- letters of recommendation;
- the international certificate confirming knowledge of English language: TOEFL from 83; IELTS from 5.5; FCE - Grade B; CAE - any result *.
- availability of the results of GMAT, CAT, GRE, PAT examinations or their equivalents;
- work experience of 2 years in the field of services and hospitality or related areas.
Tuition fees in Switzerland and additional costs:
- Tuition for 1 semester - 24,400 CHF.
- registration fee - 250 CHF (one-time).
- deposit (refundable) - 1,250 CHF.
- Study materials - 500 CHF (annually).
- Medical insurance - 750 CHF (annually).
- accommodation on the campus of the Institute - 5,850 CHF (annually).
The cost of studying in England and additional costs:
- Tuition for 1 semester - 15,400 €.
- registration fee - 150 €.
- study materials - 300 € (annually).
- accommodation on the campus of the institute in a single room - 430 € (annually).
* The results for all international certificates must be less than 12 months.
Students studying at the university can count on rooms in a common residence - they are usually designed for 2 people (include amenities), but for an additional fee it is possible to provide a private bedroom.
The cost of studying at Glion Hotel School is (the cost is given for 1 academic year):
The price includes:
Included and paid separately:
To enter the institute, you must provide a certificate or diploma of education (for the undergraduate program, a certificate of secondary education is enough, for master's programs and MBA you will need a bachelor's or specialist's diploma). Also you will need to confirm the high level of the English language - the following certificates are accepted:
Each applicant presents a detailed accompanying essay letter to the admission committee.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.