- Admission to universities in Italy - requirements for foreigners, strong specialties
- About the Foundation program in Italy: tuition, prices, educational institutions
We tell you how to prepare for admission to TOP universities in Italy using the Foundation program, which is common in prestigious universities in the country.
Admission to universities in Italy - requirements for foreigners, strong specialties
It is advisable to prepare for admission to universities in Italy in advance, having studied the important details and having an idea of the training system. We have compiled the most important information students may need.
- Language of instruction: Italian or English
- Currency: Euro
- Percentage of international students: 4.3%
- Language requirements: B1 +
- English: IELTS 6.0
- Age requirements: 17+
- Entrance exams: yes
- Admission campaign: January - April
- Are there any pre-university training programs: yes
- The cost of the programs: from 5,000 to 20,000 euros per year.
Leading universities in Italy offer a wide range of programs for foreigners in Italian and English. Italy is famous for both scientists and artists, therefore in this country a variety of programs are considered strong:
- Humanitarian sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Art history
- Urban planning
- Business and Law
- Engineering Science
- Social Sciences
However, most often students travel to Italy to study the following areas:
- Clothing design
- Brand development in the fashion industry
- Visual merchandising
- Graphic design
- The photo
- international tourism
- Interior design
- Marketing and communication in the world of fashion
- Writing skills, literature and publications.
Universities in Italy have the right to set the admission conditions at their discretion - foreign students are encouraged to always double-check the admission requirements at each university. Despite this, there are several universal requirements:
- Students age: 18+ for undergraduate applicants, 21+ for graduate students
- Sufficient level of language proficiency - students must demonstrate confident language proficiency at a level of at least B2
- Preparation in subjects - applicants take entrance exams to test knowledge in specialized subjects
- A semester at a domestic university / Foundation program is the main rule for admission of Russian students. Due to the difference in the educational systems, the Russian school certificate is not enough to enter a university in Italy.
What language certificates do Italian universities accept:
- C1 Advanced
About the Foundation program in Italy: tuition, prices, educational institutions
The Foundation program is a great opportunity to make up for educational differences and adapt to a new learning system. The advantage of pre-university courses is that they guarantee admission to the chosen university.
International Foundation in English:
- Age: 17+
- Duration: 1-2 years
- Cost: from 13,000 euros per year.
The International Foundation course is known all over the world and can be found at prestigious universities in Italy. The program includes the study of specialized subjects at an in-depth level, the improvement of language skills, acquaintance with the Italian teaching system and the development of academic skills. The price range for the program is very wide: the cost largely depends on the status of the educational institution, its prestige, as well as on the program itself - depending on the number of teaching hours, learning conditions, language of instruction (cheaper in Italian) and much more.
Quality training courses can be found in public universities in Italy.
- For example, the University of Turin (UNITO), one of the top ten universities in Italy, offers a one-year Foundation program in English and Italian. The cost of training will be about 30 thousand euros per year.
- At Accademia Costume & Moda, you can not only improve your language through the Foundation course, but also gain knowledge in the field of design, fashion and costume, which will help in your further studies at the bachelor's degree. The cost of training at the academy is from 5,000 euros per year.
- Istituto Marangoni Milano is a top-ranked institution with strong programs in design and fashion. The university also has a Foundation program, training is comprehensive in two languages - Italian and English. Tuition fees - from 13,500 euros per year.