Cambridge is a world-class university, which annually occupies high places in the rankings of the best universities in the world. Cambridge University is the richest and one of the oldest universities in the UK.
Among the graduates of the university there are many famous personalities who have achieved success:
- Oliver Cromwell, Charles Darwin, Vladimir Nabokov
- Prince Charles
- Prime Ministers of the British Kingdom
- Presidents of other states
- Nobel Prize winners.
The rules of admission to the University of Cambridge require the preparation of the following documents for applying for admission:
- Completed application form
- Motivation letter
- Additional Qualification Form
- Online application
- IELTS Language Proficiency Certificate
- Certificate of A-level exams.
Do I need additional exams to enter the University of Cambridge?
Yes, some specialties are necessary. In addition, you may also be asked for one of the school essays or write a test.
The most common entrance tests
- Test for the assessment of thinking skills
- Biomedicine Entrance Exam
- The test is rightful.
The application for training is filled in until October 15 inclusive.
Tuition starts at £15,000, however it is important to consider the current exchange rate and stay tuned because the amount may vary from year to year. In addition, to the payment in addition, you need to add the cost of living - quite expensive, from 9000 £ per year (for someone this amount will be lower - depends on the type of accommodation and the food you choose). There are a limited number of grants for international students that partially cover tuition fees or college fees.
What should be done at initial stage?
- Formation of a portfolio of works
- Study of additional preparation materials
- Preparation for entrance examinations
- Improvement of intellectual abilities
- Instilling the skill of thinking outside the box.
What is A-Level?
A-Level is a 2-year curriculum in UK schools that leads to a certificate of complete secondary education. After passing the A-level, you can enter the university to get your first higher education. The main purpose of A-Level in England is to prepare students for university. According to the results of the exams, the admission committees of educational institutions judge the knowledge and skills of the applicant and make a decision on enrollment.
The program includes 45 subjects, each student chooses from 3 to 6 and. The list of disciplines for passing the A-level exam includes the following subjects:
- Physics, chemistry, biology
- Economics, accounting, higher mathematics, business
- English literature, politics, psychology and more.
Students who have not yet decided that they want to study at the university, within the framework of A-Level, it is recommended to choose classical disciplines.
Reasons to take A-Level program
- Narrow specialization of subjects and in-depth study of selected disciplines
- Huge chances to enter the chosen university
- Assistance in adaptation
- Opportunity to study online.