Oxford University is the most popular university in UK among international students. Among the graduates of the university were such famous personalities as: Stephen Hawking, Margaret Thatcher, Oscar Wilde, Hugh Grant, Prince Charles and even Isaac Newton. The University of Oxford is known for its highest competition. For example, a few years ago, the competition for a place of study in Oxford was 7 people - and this is not for the most priority specialty. More than 22,000 applications were submitted, but only 3279 of them were approved.
Unfortunately, international students have slightly lower chances of entering Oxford than residents of the UK. According to statistics, out of 9150 applicants, only 693 received a place.
Entry requirements to get Bachelor's degree for foreign students:
- A* and A scores on the British system (A-level)
- High IELTS
- A properly written motivation letter
- Interview with the admissions committee.
What steps should be taken to enter Oxford?
- Determine the goals, desires and opportunities
- Determine your level of language, analyze academic performance, highlight abilities, talents and achievements.
- Choose suitable British private boarding schools with a good program
- Make a personal admission plan
- Prepare for entrance exams and interviews, write an essay and a motivation letter
- Apply for a visa
- To deepen knowledge of the necessary subjects and English
- Find a guardian in England (a prerequisite for students from other countries)
- Adapt to the new educational and cultural system.
The university can accept a person of any age. Undoubtedly, the main criteria will be school performance and quality of knowledge. In the process of interviewing, additional qualities of candidates are revealed: intellectual level, interest in studying at this university and motivation.
Deadline for submission of documents
The deadline for applications is Oct. 15. The results of the exams will be announced in the middle of next year.
For admission, you need excellent grades and a decent knowledge of the English language. For those who want to enter from other countries, the requirements can be completely different: for example, foreign students need to pass certain entrance tests - tests in English, in specialized subjects and interviews, where you need to talk about your motivation.
The price for one academic year will start from £21,703.
Possible grants for international students
The Hill Charitable Foundation can provide foreign students with a scholarship covering 100% of the tuition fee, but the candidate must have a degree in a foreign university. There is no budget funding for education in Oxford.
The best faculties of the University of Oxford:
What does the university look for at candidates?
- mathematical abilities
- ability to think and work independently
- ability to accept and use new ideas
- interest in programming.
What about Master's degree?
For those who want to enter this university for a master's degree, the requirements are simpler and studying looks more affordable than at the bachelor's degree. Oxford offers students over 340 different programs. More than 59% of students on the magistracy are foreigners, but the competition among applicants is quite high.