Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilyov
Description of Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilyov
- Founded: 1996
- Location: Astana, Kazakhstan
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Number of students: about 15,000
- Rating in Kazakhstan: 2.
The Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilyov is the second in the ranking of universities in Kazakhstan and is in the TOP-500 universities in the world. The main advantages of this institution are:
- High level of education
- Interests of employers in university graduates
- Large selection of study programs
- Qualified teachers: 3605 people, most of them candidates and doctors of sciences
- University-based research activities.
Research is carried out in several industries - among the latest projects:
- Study of the environmental impact of heavy metal precipitation
- Polymer-based nanomaterial development
- The study of nanostructures in dielectrics
- Work with fuel emulsions
- Creating different types of products
- Breeding Technology Development
- Development of filters and so on.
The university is part of prestigious associations: European Association of Universities, Eurasian Universities Association, International Higher Education Academy of Science, International Research Association of the CIS. International exchange programs are open, scholarship payments to talented students are available.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilyov
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students can live in a university dormitory or in separate apartments: the second option will cost $ 200-$ 300 per month. You can eat at student buffets, which is cheaper than in ordinary cafes, but no less tasty and healthy.
Activities Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilyov
In their free time, students are invited to participate in creative and sporting events: contests, competitions, performances - everyone will find something to their liking and interests, developing their talents.
Facilities and equipment at Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilyov
Science laboratories and centers, gyms and venues, a large library and computer rooms are all located on the university campus. The classrooms have modern equipment for effective classes, there is unlimited Internet access.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education, as in other universities in Kazakhstan, is divided into semesters: autumn and spring. Additional costs for food, mobile communications, transportation and leisure activities will range from $ 270 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The percentage of successful applicants is quite high - 8 out of 10 candidates. It is required to provide a document on previous education, at some faculties it is necessary to pass entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Eurasian National University named after L. N. Gumilyov
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.