Estonian Academy of Arts
Description of Estonian Academy of Arts
- Established: 1914
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Tallinn, Estonia
- Language of instruction: Estonian, English, Russian.
Estonian Academy of Arts (Eesti Kunstiakadeemia, EAA) is among the top 10 best universities in Estonia, taking the 6th position in the ranking, is an active research institution and a leading national innovation center in the field of visual culture. EKA is the only state educational institution in the country offering higher education in the fields of architecture, fine arts, art culture and design.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Estonian Academy of Arts
- From the second year students of the academy can take part in the international ERASMUS program
- EAA is a member of CUMULUS (International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media) and EAAE (European Association for Architectural Education).
Facilities and equipment at Estonian Academy of Arts
EAA is located in Tallinn - the capital of Estonia - and includes a rich academic library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the academy consists of two semesters.
- Entrance fee 50 €
- The cost of living in Tallinn is 361 € -751 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the Academy you need:
- Copy of education certificate
- Certificate of Estonian language proficiency at level B2 (when applying for study under the program in Estonian)
- Certificate of English Proficiency: TOEFL 543 / iBT 72 / IELTS 5.5 / FCE B2-160 / CAE Level C1 / CPE Level C2 / Pte Academic 59
- Copy of the passport
- Resume (magistracy, doctoral studies)
- Motivation letter (doctoral studies)
- Draft dissertation (doctoral studies).
Documents of education must be translated into Estonian / Russian / English and notarized.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Estonian Academy of Arts
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.