University of Tartu
Description of University of Tartu
- Founded: 1632
- Location: Tartu, Estonia
- Number of students: 13,000
- Rating in Estonia: 1.
The University of Tartu is one of the oldest universities in Estonia, for many years it has been number one in the ranking of universities in the country, and it is confidently in the first 5% of the world ranking of universities. There are 27 training programs, the most popular of which is Art and Humanities. Graduates receive modern knowledge that meets international standards and can find work in almost any country - the diploma of the University of Tartu is appreciated by employers.
The university boasts 34,000 scientific papers in various fields, the Nobel laureate (Wilhelm Ostwald, 1909). Two thirds of Estonian doctors of science defend a degree at the University of Tartu, and half of the total number of research works in the country is carried out here.
The university is popular among foreigners: a high level of education, comfortable conditions, low tuition fees, the prestige of a diploma - all this increases the interest of applicants from Russia and other countries: the number of foreigners among students is 12-15% annually. 1,500 teachers are engaged in training; there are international exchange programs. The university is a member of associations:
- European University Association
- Utrecht network
- Coimbra Group.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Tartu
Accommodation, meals, prices
A whole town is available for students, in the territory of which the hostel is located: modern rooms with the necessary furniture and appliances, freshly renovated - places are primarily provided to foreign citizens. You can eat on campus in an inexpensive cafe.
Activities University of Tartu
Students in their free time will be able to travel around Estonia, learning amazing facts about the culture and history of the Baltic states. On the territory of the university there are student groups and organizations that take part in performances, joint work, leisure activities - it is not boring to study here.
Facilities and equipment at University of Tartu
In addition to the educational buildings on the territory of the University of Tartu there are research centers in the fields of medicine, biology, chemistry, culture, mesosystem, high technology. A library with a huge amount of scientific work is available for students.
Admission dates and extra charges
At the university, training takes place according to the classical system: the academic year is divided into 2 semesters + sessions at the end of each of them. Additional costs for foreigners will range from $ 375 to $ 792 per month: accommodation, meals, costs of transportation services and mobile communications, spending leisure time on weekends.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The main requirement is high rates in the previous educational institution (certificate / diploma with high scores).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Tartu
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.