EC Montreal Kids language camp
Description of EC Montreal Kids language camp
- Year of foundation: 1962;
- Location : Montreal, Quebec, Canada;
- Age: 13-17 years old;
- Type of facility: language camp;
- Type of accommodation: host family or residence;
- Language of instruction: English, French;
- Type of training: mixed.
EC Montreal provides an opportunity to learn English or French in the beautiful city of Montreal: children and teenagers from all over the world study at EC schools, thereby creating a cozy international atmosphere in the camp. For a couple of weeks of learning a foreign language, pupils get closer, get acquainted with each other's culture, make new friends, help them learn, and actively develop their communication skills during educational process.
The EC Montreal Children's Language Camp has several language programs: English, French and a double course in English and French at the same time. Additionally, students can use cooking lessons that can be combined with a language course.
The city of Montreal is very attractive for studying among international students: some of the best experienced teachers work here with the author's teaching methods, thanks to which the lessons are extremely effective, success in learning appears very quickly. The average intensity of the program is from 20 to 30 lessons per week, the duration of one lesson is 45 minutes. Education is carried out in small groups of up to 15 people - this provides an individual approach to each student.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in EC Montreal Kids language camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
International children who came to Canada without their parents live in host families or school residences. In the case of a visit to Montreal accompanied by a family, students have the right to choose day programs.
One of the school's rules is that a family that hosts should live near the school. For students available double or single occupancy in a room with self-catering or half board. According to reviews of children who have already had the experience of living in a foreign family, this is the best way to fully immerse themselves in the cultural and linguistic environment of Canada, to get acquainted with local traditions and peculiarities of Canada.
Residence is located in the center of Montreal, just a few minutes walk from the school. Single rooms are available in the dormitory, but with a bathroom on the floor, the rooms have everything for comfortable living and recreation, and there are washing machines on the floor. Independent living contributes to the development of the level of responsibility; children receive invaluable experience. The day of arrival and departure is every Saturday.
Activities EC Montreal Kids language camp
Montreal is a city with a rich history: there are outstanding monuments of cultural heritage, sights, museums, many shops and places for entertainment.
Excursion and entertainment programs are included in the main program so that children can get acquainted with the culture of the country and relax during the holidays, and real-life communication contributes to the development of communication skills and actively practice English or French.
- Bilingual training;
- School location in downtown Montreal;
- Getting the experience of foreign education;
- Montreal - bilingual city (English and French);
- Full immersion in the language environment;
- Speaking skills;
- High ranking learning center EC.
Facilities and equipment at EC Montreal Kids language camp
According to the students, the EC Montreal school is large and very comfortable for learning - it has: 22 bright and spacious classrooms, a library, areas for recreation and self-study, computer classes with internet access, a kitchen and a dining room for students.
An additional advantage of the school is its location in the building of Dawson College, which allows students to use infrastructure for educational purposes.
Admission dates and extra charges
The duration of the visit to the summer camp is from 1 to 6 weeks from June 29 to August 10.
The language school accepts students with different levels of knowledge of a foreign language: from primary to advanced.
Tuition fee depends on the chosen educational program and type of accommodation. For detailed information international students can contact to SMAPSE manager.
- Air tickets;
- Payment of visa center services;
- Consular fee;
- Optional excursions;
- Additional individual lessons;
- Exam Board;
- Mandatory Medical Insurance;
- Translation of documents into English;
- Pocket money;
- Guardian services.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 170 CAD
- Medical insurance 30 CAD
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about EC Montreal Kids language camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.