York University Summer Camp in Toronto
Description of York University Summer Camp in Toronto
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Age of students: 10-19 years
- Number of students: about 150 per shift
- Dates: July 10-31
- Duration: 1-2 weeks.
York University in Toronto is Canada's third largest university. Toronto, the capital of Ontario, is a well-known hub for music, culture, theatre, THE TV industry and more – it's a really worthwhile travel destination!
The summer camp will help children improve their English, prepare for studying abroad – and at the same time have a great rest, meet new friends from all over the world.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in York University Summer Camp in Toronto
Accommodation, meals, prices
Children live on the basis of one of the boarding houses of the university – Keele Campus. These are rooms for 1-2 people (150 beds in total) with shared bathrooms. Boarding meals - three times a day + healthy snacks - will provide children with energy for a full summer adventure. The campus is guarded 24/7, next to the children there are always educators and counselors.
Activities York University Summer Camp in Toronto
Students are waiting for exciting excursions:
- CN Tower, Toronto's highest point with a stunning observation deck
- Harbourfront Centre
- Ripley Aquarium's
- Woodbine Beach
- Ontario Science Centre
- Niagara Falls – of course!
Excursions serve not only an entertaining and informative purpose – so children will be able to practice English in real conditions: for example, buy ice cream, ask for directions, listen to the guide and ask their questions.
Facilities and equipment at York University Summer Camp in Toronto
Keele Campus, on the basis of which the summer camp is held, has impressive opportunities for a comfortable stay and education. On its territory there is its own shopping center, two metro stations, from which you can get to the center of Toronto in just half an hour. Also in the vicinity is the city international airport Toronto Pearson International Airport - 20 km.
For children, spacious dining rooms and common halls for rest and communication, WiFi throughout the territory, sports infrastructure, fields and playgrounds for games, comfortable classrooms for classes are prepared. The entire territory is guarded around the clock.
Admission dates and extra charges
Already included in the price:
- Accommodation and meals (full board)
- 20 English lessons per week
- Study books and materials
- Entrance and final test of knowledge level
- Company Certificate
- Excursions – minimum 1 per week for the whole day and 1 for half a day
- Daytime and evening activities, entertainment
- Entrance fee.
To be paid separately:
- Transfer: airport YYZ = 354 $CAD
- Courier delivery of documents for a visa = 65 $CAD
- Assistant service (at the airport, during transfer) = 55 $CAD/one way
- Health insurance = 25 $CAD.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about York University Summer Camp in Toronto
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.