Dubai Boarding High School
Description of Dubai Boarding High School
- Founded: in 2001
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Age of students: Grades 7-12
- Language of instruction: English.
High academic standards, pedagogical rigor, a rich extracurricular program, a huge number of sports - these are the reasons why you should choose Dubai Boarding High School. At the moment, it is the only international Dubai school for high school students.
Students are offered a classic British or American program - this is an ideal choice for those who plan to continue to enter the universities of these countries. You can also choose schools with Switzerland education such as Swiss school Dubai.
The school pays special (and close) attention to the development of social skills and soft skills necessary for success in the modern world, the development of a sense of camaraderie, the ability to work in a team and at the same time take responsibility. Students here are waiting for the atmosphere of a club, a whole community, the connections in which will remain with them for life and will help in the future in their careers. Here the mood reigns more than a summer camp, so that academic classes are perceived by children as an interesting activity, an opportunity to learn something new, and not a heavy duty to sit and memorize textbooks.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Dubai Boarding High School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school offers both full-time tuition (no accommodation) and full board (13-17 years old, younger students can only book summer kids camps in UAE to live in a shared boarding). This is a safe and comfortable environment for every student, especially for those who arrived from abroad, an opportunity to develop independence and self-discipline, time management skills.
The school boarding house is a residence of the highest level, comfortable, under round-the-clock security. For children we offer:
- Rooms for 1-2 people (en-suite bathrooms) with refrigerator
- Self-service laundry + ironing boards
- Full meals three meals a day (in restaurants on campus)
- Game rooms
- Shared kitchen
- Living rooms for relaxation and socializing
- Sports center.
They are looked after by life coaches, who quickly become almost parents.
Activities Dubai Boarding High School
Trips and excursions on weekends are an important part of not only recreation, but also the educational process, students love them very much and always look forward to them.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year runs from September to July. Classes are held from Sunday to Thursday (weekends - Friday and Saturday) from 8 to 15 hours.
The price already includes:
- Accommodation (double room)
- Three meals a day
- Use of laundry facilities
- Clubs and communities of interest
- Excursions around the city and the country.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
What applicants need to prepare:
- Formed form
- Copy of passport/birth certificate
- UAE resident visa (if already issued)
- Report cards with grades for the previous 2 years at school + the last report card (the latest)
- Original translation certificate (issued by the current school).
Please note: timesheets from schools in Russia and the CIS must be certified by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy in the country where you studied.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Dubai Boarding High School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.