Cours Florent, école de théâtre, comédie musicale — Cours Florent School of Art
Description of Cours Florent, école de théâtre, comédie musicale — Cours Florent School of Art
- Age of students: from 16 years
- Location: Paris, France
- Founded: 1967 year
- Type of institution: university
- Language of instruction: French, English, German
- Type: collaborative.
When François Florent founded Cours Florent in 1967, his goal was to create unique and innovative programs focused on each individual student. The purpose of the educational institution is to allow them to educate and develop acting abilities in a drama school.
The French Theatre School offers artistic and interdisciplinary programs focused not only on acting, but also on staging, music and dance. Studying at Cours Florent provides valuable experience and knowledge that can be applied to future careers in theatre, film and advertising.
The list of graduates is long - here they studied from Isabelle Adjani to Gad Elmaleh, from Daniel Oteia, Denis Podalides, Isabelle Carré, Guillaume Canet, Audrey Tautou, Eduard Baer to Marina Hands.
The course offered will be full-time and intensive. The Institute of Acting will try to acquaint children with the history associated with art, since it is important to understand where this form came from, where it was, who it influenced.
The Academy has many years of experience in education actors from humble amateurs and turning them into masters of their craft.
This is a professional institution that is focused primarily on practical work. Near the end of the school year, the institution is known for setting up storefronts that help individual performers start their careers by inviting agents and companies to see the people they might want to take in. This allows performers to start working directly from school, as well as prepare to create their own works in their spare time.
The following parts of the curriculum are also mandatory:
- Skills-based technical classes: 3-6 hours per week for first-year students
In addition to the interpreting lessons, Cours Florent offers additional classes dedicated to technical work – physical education, vocal education, improvisation, etc.
- French lessons: 6 hours per week
This FLE (Français Langue Etrangère) theatre class aims to combine French language instruction with drama education. It offers a combination of written and oral activities, familiarity with French culture, acting and oral work in French, as well as projects related to theatrical productions in French.
The education will be conducted by a professor who not only has an FLE university diploma "French as a Foreign Language", but also received an actor's certificate in a professional program after successfully attending Cours Florent.
Cours Florent strives to introduce students to a variety of artistic professionals to give them the opportunity to work with different directors and expand their knowledge in the field of art.
Faculties and colleges
The vocational education to which Cours Florent students have access is divided into 3 departments:
- acting in theatre and cinema (in French, English or German),
- musical comedy,
- music (author, composer, performer).
Dual competence (diploma) is possible in partnership with IESA Arts & Culture to acquire additional skills in the field of administration or organization of live performances.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cours Florent, école de théâtre, comédie musicale — Cours Florent School of Art
- Participation in theatre classes in Paris gives students valuable experience and knowledge.
- It is a world-famous multidisciplinary theater school in Paris with 50 years of experience.
- The casting bureau is available for students: casting directors, artistic agents and production companies regularly post their offers here.
Admission dates and extra charges
The price includes: annual registration fees and fees for the program "Acting in English" (the main program of 9 hours of interpreting class per week).
- French language class (annual fee of 1600€),
- Technical classes (annual fee of 300€),
- Additional lesson of interpretation into French or German (9 hours per week, annual fee 660€).
The price includes a full package of the following activities:
- Basic Acting Lesson in English (9 hours per week)
- Technical lessons (up to 6 hours per week)
- French course (6 hours per week)
- Additional acting classes in English, French or German (+ 9 hours per week).
The institute is very popular among foreigners and the local population, so it is quite difficult to enroll.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age and have completed secondary education or its equivalent.
- Acting experience is welcome, but not required.
- An excellent level of English (approximately IELTS 6.0) is required.
Scholarships Cours Florent, école de théâtre, comédie musicale — Cours Florent School of Art
Scholarships are not expected, but sometimes there are seasonal discounts and promotions for education.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Cours Florent, école de théâtre, comédie musicale — Cours Florent School of Art
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.