Description of AgroParisTech University
- Established: 2001
- Location: Paris, France
- Students age: 17+
- Number of students: 2240
- Language of instruction: French
- Type of studying: mixed.
AgroParisTech is a top university in France, which belongs to the highest and most prestigious schools of the Grand Ecole. In 2021, the university was ranked 3rd in Europe and 4th in the world as the best university in agriculture and forestry. Faculties:
- Agronomy, forestry
- Life sciences
- Natural Sciences and Engineering of Bioproducts
- Sociology, economics, management
- Mathematics, computer science and physics.
The educational institution was founded in 2001 as a result of the merger of the three oldest schools. The university is very popular among foreign students: the percentage of students from abroad is more than 16%. The state university, together with its students and researchers, solves the most pressing issues of society: environmental protection, innovations in forestry, the development of bioeconomics and others. The university identifies 4 main research areas:
- Food production and forestry
- Food transformations
- Natural resource management
- Health protection.
According to the Shanghai Subject Ranking, the strongest subjects in the university are:
- Agriculture = 12th in the world
- Biotechnology = 35th place in the world
- Food products = 51-75 place.
AgroParisTech actively supports students:
- 200 students have taken part in international business projects since 2015
- 8 companies are created annually
- 5 business incubators support start-ups in food, forestry, urban planning and territories.
Other facts about the university:
- 200 partner organizations
- 155 foreign partner universities
- 48 nationalities are represented by students
- 6 double degree programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in AgroParisTech University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has student dormitories with a total capacity of 1100 people. A popular accommodation option is renting an apartment.
Residence in Paris MINA:
- 152 rooms
Residence in Paris MIAA:
- 78 rooms
Residence in Massy:
- 165 rooms
Residence in Nancy:
- 76 rooms.
Activities AgroParisTech University
The university has clubs and communities of interest:
- Tourism and hospitality
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing and communications
- Fashion and design.
Facilities and equipment at AgroParisTech University
The university consists of 10 campuses located throughout France: students can choose a place of study - Paris, Massy, Nancy, Montpellier. The infrastructure of the university includes the following facilities:
- 39 research laboratories
- Computer center and others.
Admission dates and extra charges
The following information on expenses during one academic year is published on the official website of the university:
- Accommodation in Paris
- Accommodation in Nancy
- Products in stores
- Meals in the dining room
- Student fee
- Educational materials
- Transport (Paris)
- Transport (in other regions)
- Other (clothing, hygiene, going to the museum, etc.).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about AgroParisTech University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.