Atelier de Sèvres, Art School, Sèvres Workshop
Description of Atelier de Sèvres, Art School, Sèvres Workshop
- Year of foundation: 1979
- Location: France, Paris
- Students age: 18+
- Number of students: 1000
- Language of study: French, English
- Type: mixed.
A non-governmental art school approved by the Rector of Paris and under the control of the Ministry of Culture and Communications of the French Republic.
It was opened in 1979 as a preparatory school, carrying out pre-examination of students. Since 2001 he has been educationg bachelors, since 2016 - masters in the field of higher animation. From 2020 offers postgraduate studies in English.
Atelier de Sèvres aims to prepare students for entrance examinations to higher schools of arts and animation. Developed and implemented programs of preparatory seminars provide students with the technical tools and knowledge and skills necessary for passing the entrance exams, which are based on interdisciplinary education aimed at identifying the talents and unique abilities of each of the students.
The educational process at the PREPA preparatory courses consists of 3 trimesters:
- from 1 September to mid-December;
- from mid-December to the end of February;
- from early March to mid-May.
Each stage of education is devoted to one of the areas of education:
- in the first trimester, priority is given to theoretical education, a variety of lectures, courses, seminars,
- in the second, students focus on building a portfolio for entrance exams,
- the third trimester is reserved for trial and exams.
On average, classes last 27 hours per week.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Atelier de Sèvres, Art School, Sèvres Workshop
Activities Atelier de Sèvres, Art School, Sèvres Workshop
On the basis of the school, round tables, workshops and conferences are regularly held on various areas of animation and artistic skills.
For many years, the educational institution has been demonstrating the first results in the success of the application with the main schools of art and animation both in France and abroad. According to statistics, 85% of graduates successfully enter higher education.
Facilities and equipment at Atelier de Sèvres, Art School, Sèvres Workshop
Along with modern and relevant curricula, Atelier de Sèvres provides students with all the necessary modern and advanced equipment for photo and video shooting in the studio and plein air, computer graphics and design classes, a laboratory for developing photographic film and videotape.
- Workshop for screen printing;
- Engraving workshop;
- Rizograph printer;
- Printing and photocopying equipment up to and including A1 format.
On campus there is a cafeteria and a dining room, a recreation area.
Admission dates and extra charges
Students of prepa preparatory school programs must pay a one-time payment (1350 euros) to cover technical costs, necessary allowances and consumables (including digital printing, printing books on a risograph, software license, photographic films, consumables and equipment for screen printing, clay, paints, enamels, copying services (A4, A3 - in unlimited quantities)). This and other payments can be made once or divided into 3 or 6 parts.
Admission to the Atelier de Sèvres is held on a competitive basis after consideration of the personal file and interview.
After passing the interview, in case of a positive decision, the student receives a registration form. It must be filled out, attach a check for 470 euros to cover the costs associated with administration and in the form of a pledge. In case of refusal to receive the deposit can be returned (with the retention of part).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the PREPA program, the candidate must:
- be over 17 years of age;
- have an IB diploma or similar (or of a higher level).
Interviews are held online (remotely) or in person. During the interview, the admissions officers assess the readiness and motivation of the applicant, the general level of cultural development, creative potential and the degree of free thinking. It is also necessary to submit a portfolio.
To enter the bachelor's program, you must be 18 years old at the time of registration.
To enter the magistracy, it is necessary to pass an interview and submit an art dossier. The dossier should demonstrate the talents and abilities of the applicant, his personal style, the ability to work in different genres, forms and directions, the ability to work with specific animation techniques (design and layout, animation and in the field of storyboarding).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Atelier de Sèvres, Art School, Sèvres Workshop
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.