Chongqing University of Technology
Description of Chongqing University of Technology
- Location: Chongqing, China
- Year of foundation: 2009
- Language of instruction: Chinese, English
- Number of students: about 30 000
- Type of education: mixed.
Chongqing University of Technology (CQUT) is a higher educational institution of technological profile. The basis for the existing university was a technical school, opened in 1940. After a number of transformations and renamings, 66 specialties of bachelor's degree, more than 40 directions of master's degree are currently taught here. About 30,000 students study at the full-time department, including foreigners from more than 20 countries.
The university consists of several narrow-profile schools-faculties:
- Automotive Engineering
- Materials Science
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Pharmaceuticals, bioengineering
- Management, Innovation, Entrepreneurship
- Economics, finance
- Foreign Languages
- Physical education
- Applied technologies, business informatics.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Chongqing University of Technology
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are provided with places in dormitories on campus. Some classuld students according to gender. Apartments on Liangjiang Campus are 1660 quadruple rooms with shared bathrooms, toilets, living rooms, kitchens. All rooms are fully furnished, provided with appliances.
The university has several large canteens where students and staff can eat during the school week. There are restaurants offering various dishes of world cuisines: vegetarian, meat, lactose-free, etc. Among the counters you can find pastries, sweets, drinks.
Activities Chongqing University of Technology
Outside of the classroom, students can go to group and individual training using sports facilities. Team sports take place in the game halls and in the stadium.
CQUT has developed the direction of scientific education - conferences and seminars on various topics are held regularly. Every year, a number of thematic speeches are organized to coincide with national and state holidays.
- Awards: "National Advanced Primary Party Organization", "Top 50 National Universities with Work Experience for Graduates", "Advanced Chongqing Employment Team", etc.
- Cooperation with 45 universities and research institutions in more than 20 countries and regions: USA, UK, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, South Korea, Japan, etc.
- 5 international patents for inventions, more than 1000 public patents
- 4 Awards for National Progress in Science and Technology
- Award for National Inventions in technology
- One Gold Award for China Patent
- 155 ministerial-level awards.
Facilities and equipment at Chongqing University of Technology
CQUT is located in Chongqing, a municipality directly subordinate to the central government of China.
The university has three campuses:
- Huaxi is located on the banks of the Yangtze River near the Nanshan Mountains. For the elegance and elegance of the architecture, Huaxi received a prize in the nomination "Excellent Planning and Design" from the Ministry of Education, was named one of the ten "Best Garden Houses in Chongqing".
- Liangjiang is located at a tributary of the Yangtze River near Mount Shibi.
- Yangtzeping is located in the city's business district. Yangjiaping is a simple and elegant scientific and technical building, a leader in innovation.
The total area of the school is 2591 acres, the area of school buildings is 1.04 million square meters. The buildings are equipped with auditoriums, computer classes, practical laboratories. For extracurricular activities, premises for events are prepared, for sports - open and closed areas, gyms and game halls. The publishing house of the university publishes 6 journals in Chinese and English.
CQUT is a national pilot university, so it has a technology business incubator, a national database on innovation, testing.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is two semesters lasting from September to June. Classes are held from Monday to Friday. Education is possible in full-time and part-time forms.
- Books, consumables
- Medical care
- Insurance for international students
- Personal expenses (mobile communication, clothing, rest, etc.).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
General requirements for admission:
- Diploma of the previous level of education (school/bachelor's degree)
- Official transcript of courses taken
- Personal documents (passport, visa, medical certificate, insurance, etc.)
- Individual achievements, letters of recommendation if available
- Certificate of Chinese Proficiency (HSK4-5)/English.
International students will need:
- VPN, as some social networks do not work in the country
- Chinese Mobile Number
- Bank account, established payment system.
Scholarships Chongqing University of Technology
Students with academic success may qualify for scholarship programs that exempt tuition, basic materials, accommodation, and cover health insurance.
- Scholarships of the Government of China
- Awards of the institutes that are part of the university
- Incentives for sports, scientific, creative success.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Chongqing University of Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.