Guidance on how to study in Philadelphia. Top 29 schools and universities in Philadelphia, study fees, rankings
- Employer Reputation: 91.5%Currently watching: 7from 48000.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- Currently watching: 6from 9999.00 $ / 3 weeksApply with documents
- Currently watching: 3from 7295.00 $ / 3 weeksApply with documents
- Currently watching: 3from 5699.00 $ / 2 weeksApply with documents
- Currently watching: 3from 110.00 $ / weekApply with documents
- Currently watching: 4from 30920.00 $ / semesterApply with documents
- Currently watching: 1from 69420.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- ranked #8 out of 178 Regional Universities NorthCurrently watching: 2from 13575.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- # 36 EMBA Rankings - North AmericaCurrently watching: 1from 37000.00 $ / yearApply with documents
- #142 among U.S. national universitiesCurrently watching: 2from 20000.00 $ / yearApply with documents
Today, the USA attracts a wide range of foreign students from all over the world with high-quality educational services. Many international students choose studying in Philadelphia as it's a great opportunity to combine effective courses with exciting rest. SMAPSE offers TOP-15 prestigious schools, colleges and universities located in Philadelphia where international students can get high-quality and balanced primary, secondary and higher education.
Please, don't hesitate to contact SMAPSE experts as they are always ready to answer all your questions.
Leading private boarding schools in Philadelphia for international students
Developed educational system in Philadelphia and top boarding schools make this city so popular among foreign students. There are quality programs and excellent conditions for study and living:
1. One of the main features of the American educational system is the lack of a universal state standard. Each staff is responsible for the learning process.
2. Public and private schools are common (the latter are always paid). The quality of educational services in public educational institutions varies: private boarding schools in the USA have clearly established themselves as high-quality and effective institutions - secondary school certificates received here are highly valued in US universities
3. The cost of studying in private boarding schools is very high, but the programs can differ greatly from the state ones and usually for the better
4. School education is divided into several stages according to the age principle: primary (0-5 grade), secondary (6-8) and senior (9-12). The three mentioned types of schools are autonomous organizations, usually located in separate buildings
- Elementary school is a small cozy building, usually located next to a square or park. School subjects (writing, reading, mathematics, language, labor, physical education, science and music) are taught by one teacher who presents new material in a playful way. The children enjoy the learning process and are happy to go to school thanks to the light welcoming atmosphere. As a rule, there is no hometask before grade 5.
- The middle level, depending on the educational institution, has its own specifics. Children study compulsory disciplines (mathematics, literature, language, etc.) and optional. Already in the middle classes, career guidance is carried out to help children choose a profession
- At the last stage, the guys choose a specialization, and can also choose programs of varying complexity, the most prestigious and difficult is Advanced Placement.
What subjects have been most commonly chosen in recent years?
Of course, these are STEM subjects: mathematics, engineering, science, computer coding. Humanities courses are not losing ground. Look not at the names of areas, but at their essence, components, content - and objectively assess their uniqueness, the opportunity to benefit the academic community.
Studying in Philadelphia after 8,9,10,11 grades for foreign students
Many foreign students and their parents are inclined toward the decision to attend senior classes in the USA (including studying in Philadelphia):
- Psychologically, at this age, the guys are more stable and mature for the experience of living abroad: students immerse in the new language and academic environment and absorb essential skills and knowledge
- On the practical side, graduation from the USA promises to receive a prestigious certificate of the American standard, with which it is much easier to enter the Ivy League and other universities
- Studying in high school can be considered as a strategic decision - here the student will be able to tighten his language and academic knowledge, as well as adapt to life in the United States before entering a US university, where the load will be several times more serious.
The main study options after grades 8-11 are as follows:
Name of the program
After grade 8-9
The course operates in public and private schools, lasts from grades 8-12: here the children will receive a good base in school subjects, get acquainted with the educational system in the United States.
After grade 10
The direction was developed by TOP universities in the postwar period (Harvard, Princeton and Yale). Students fully focus on the study of special subjects, classes are held at the level of complexity of the first course of the university.
International course, which involves intensive preparation for entering a university.
After grade 11
Foreign students have to enter a pre-university program and focus on improving their language skills. Having achieved good academic knowledge and linguistic progress, students can be transferred to the second year of undergraduate studies.
Higher Education in Philadelphia: facts and prospects for international students
The higher education system in the United States is considered one of the most open due to the following advantages:
- There are no entrance exams for all applicants
- Admission is carried out remotely
- It is possible to enter immediately after grade 11
- The minimum requirements are presented to applicants.
However, there are also difficulties: when deciding to enter a university, it is recommended to carefully read the rankings and student reviews, choose up to 5 interesting courses, study enrollment statistics.
Language courses for adults in Philadelphia
Why Philadelphia? Everything is very simple - a wide range of directions for every taste and many positive results!
- The official state language - English - is widespread: foreign students plunge into the language environment and achieve impressive linguistic progress in the shortest possible time.
- Relatively loyal pricing policy, the opportunity to save
- A well-educated, polite and tolerant society is a guarantee of a comfortable stay in the state
- A wide range of entertainment and outdoor activities
- Ability to work up to 20 hours a week during classes
- A prestigious certificate.
General statistics on education in Philadelphia
General information about Philadelphia
|Region 2||Philadelphia County|
|Region 3||City of Philadelphia|
Cost of living in Philadelphia
|Expenses - USD/Month.||Min.||Med.|
|Communications and utilities||105||114|
|Sports and leisure||28||134|
Accommodation options in Philadelphia
|Shared room outside of centre||441|
|Shared room in city centre||753|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||800|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||1,245|
Coordinates of Philadelphia
|Elevation (STRM3)||40 m.|