35 best English language courses in China. List of schools for foreign students, 2023 fees, rankings
- Education information
- English courses in China for international students
- How to choose the right language school in China for a foreign student?
- Which English courses in China to choose?
- English courses in China: cost of living and tuition fees
- Cost of living in China
- Accommodation in China per month
Learn English in An English-speaking language the country is the most obvious option for most international students, namely therefore, the leading positions in teaching English are traditionally occupied by UK, USA and Australia. But if you want to comprehend a centuries-old culture, get out of your comfort zone and taste Asia, English courses in China is just what you need!
English courses in China for international students
Over the past decades, China has become a leader in the global economy and politics, which means that the English language has gradually entered the life of the Chinese, becoming the language of everyday communication and business. Today, China has opened a huge number of language schools, where English is studied not only by local businessmen, students, and specialists, but also by guests from foreign countries. Due to such popularity, the market of educational services in China is highly competitive, which forces Chinese language schools to constantly improve the quality of services. In addition, Chinese language schools are massively inviting native English speakers from the UK, the United States and other countries, so the level of teaching English in China can well be compared to European.
At the end of English courses in China, you also receive a certificate of international standard, allowing you to continue studying or get a job in any country in the world. As for the language environment, in the major cities of China, you will not feel a lack of communication in English, as they are the main centers of tourism, trade and culture, attracting thousands of English-speaking foreigners every day.
How to choose the right language school in China for a foreign student?
China's numerous language schools offer a wide range of courses for students of all ages. There are key points by which you can determine how English courses in China suit you:
1. The language school must have a license to teach foreign students English, as well as accreditation from the Ministry of Education of China.
2. Pay attention to the teaching staff: specify in advance whether your future teacher is a native speaker, what country he came from, whether he has the appropriate qualifications for teaching foreign students.
3.If you want to go beyond the general English course, pay attention to the specialized English courses in China (Business English, English for Academics, etc.) offered by large linguistic schools.
4. The location of the school in China: studying English courses in one of the Chinese cities will naturally require much more financial costs, but it can become more effective than English courses in the provinces. And although to a large extent it depends on the course itself and your teacher, it is better to study the location of the school and its infrastructure in more detail.
Which English courses in China to choose?
So, you have decided on the country of study - what next? Traditionally, English courses in China are long-term and short-term, this duration depends on the level of language, intensity of classes and student goals. The most popular English language learning programs in China are:
- Summer English course for children, teens and adults. This is a standard program to improve English proficiency, including 16-20 lessons per week and many extracurricular leisure and educational activities, sports and excursions.
- Children's educational programs. Such English courses are based on a communicative approach, immersing young students in the world of English through exciting textbooks, songs and multimedia applications. Passing such an English course will form a child’s desire to learn and discipline.
- Business English courses. The program is aimed at adults who need business communication at the international level. Due to the high intensity of classes, the duration of the course is usually short and allows you to achieve the desired goal in a short time.
- Learning English for families. Such programs allow you to take an English course with your children, making the process fun and effective.
- Preparation for international exams. Recently, this course has been gaining immense popularity among local and foreign students, because fluency in English has become a necessity. It is worth choosing this course if further plans include employment in a large international company or immigration abroad.
- Corporate English courses. Such courses allow you to learn English with colleagues, focusing on your specialization. The effectiveness of such a course is also obvious, since the lesson takes place in mini-groups and in a familiar environment.
English courses in China: cost of living and tuition fees
As a rule, students can choose several accommodation options: campus or residence (apartments for 1-2 people, equipped with everything necessary), a hotel, a host family; It is possible to rent housing independently, regardless of the school and the English language course. The cost depends on the location and type of accommodation and can start from $ 300 per week.
The cost of studying depends on the intensity and specificity of the course, the availability of extracurricular activities and the city in which the Chinese language school is located. For example, a week of a standard English course at a prestigious school in Beijing or Shanghai will cost $ 300, and individual lessons and homestay will cost $ 1,500 per week.
Cost of living in China
|Expenses - USD/Month.||Min.||Med.|
|Communications and utilities||31||37|
|Sports and leisure||23||76|
Accommodation in China per month
|Shared room outside of centre||169 $|
|Shared room in city centre||343 $|
|1 bedroom apartment outside of centre||277 $|
|1 bedroom apartment in city centre||493 $|