- Children and youth camps for the summer - study and rest in America
- America's Best Language Camps - reviews, rankings, tuition fees
Vacation campus in America - an excellent option for learning English for students. Such a format of study is best suited for foreign students, and even for children with poor language knowledge. Foreign linguistic camps and American learning centers combine various other activities with learning English, so summer schools can be of different types - sports, adventure, creative and so on.
Children and youth camps for the summer - study and rest in America
A variety of programs are organized for foreign students in American educational camps: the variety of educational courses will depend directly on the location of the camp, the linguistic center or school, as well as the goals of each student. On a standard educational course in the American camp, for language practice, 15 to 20 academic hours are allocated weekly. The students are taught by qualified teachers who themselves are native speakers. For the convenience of all students, up to 10 people are assigned to small educational groups.
Also, summer camps in America can differ in thematic areas. This is not just a language program, but courses that combine learning English with other activities: adventure (hiking, yachting, rafting on the river), creative (dance, music, theater, cinema), sports (football, rugby, tennis, etc .) and others.
The program of leisure and entertainment activities in many respects will depend on the location of the educational center. For example, elite summer schools occupy prestigious areas in large cities. In this case the participants of the vacation program are waiting for the fascinating study of city sights. The top camps on the coast will present to the students the atmosphere of this summer with barbecue, beach volleyball and evenings by the fire. An important element of the extracurricular program in each camp is also the excursion part - these are visits to the cultural and historical places of the country of instruction, which take place at least twice a week. In the evenings, students will also not be bored: to consolidate experience and communicate with other students, the camp administration organizes quizzes, talent shows, cultural debates and not only.
In the United States, in addition to classical linguistic camps, academic programs are organized on the basis of prestigious American universities such as Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Berkeley, Yale and others. Such summer schools are designed for older children (16-18 years). Here students can prepare for entering the American higher school, for passing the international examinations ( TOEFL ) and simply try themselves in the role of a student at an international university.
America's Best Language Camps - reviews, rankings, tuition fees
Here are some popular vacation schools and American educational centers for foreign students:
- FLS Discover. Of course, one of the most popular cities in America is New York, where there are many educational centers. One of the companies-organizers of summer courses for students is the international school of English language FLS International. With the students of the center there are real professionals who themselves are native speakers. The FLS summer school in New York is based on the private university of St. Peter. For the period of study, students can place on campus in the residence, or with the host family. The price of education for one week: from 1,400 $.
- European Center (EC). This is another well-known international network of educational centers, which has branches not only in the United States, but also in Britain, South Africa and Malta. One of the children's and youth camps is in Los Angeles in the prestigious American university - University of California (UCLA). The university has an excellent infrastructure with a variety of facilities for student use, including a residence for campus accommodation. Summer school EC invites students from 10 to 17 years of age for vacations. The education load will be up to 20 language lessons per week. The cost of education is from 1,600 $ for 7 days.
- Embassy Summer California State University. This language school is also located on the base of a large American university in Northridge. Educational centers Embassy English organize language courses for students for more than 40 years. On vacation programs are invited to foreign students aged 10 to 18 years. The educational format is based on the application of a communicative technique that helps to significantly improve the spoken English skills even in a short period of time. The cost of education will be from 1,300 $ per week (accommodation + meals at the full board).
- CISL. The international language school of the Yale University Summer School Converse in America is located in the city of New Haven in Yale University from the Ivy League. The number of language classes per week is 17 hours. In their free time, young people aged 13-17 are waiting for a rich cultural and entertainment program: excursions, social evening activities aimed at informal communication in an international setting.
- Kaplan. This network of educational centers occupies a leading position among linguistic centers abroad. In America, the company organizes a summer program for high school students from 14 to 18 years old on the basis of a private school. This is a modern educational institution with interactive equipment, spacious auditoriums, a variety of sports facilities, wireless Internet throughout the territory and not only. Place students from different countries will be in host families, meals are organized on half board.