BSMU (Belarusian State Medical University)
Description of BSMU (Belarusian State Medical University)
- Founded: 1930
- Location: Minsk, Belarus
- Number of students: 7000
- Rating in Belarus / world: 6/3824.
The Belarusian State Medical University takes 6th place in the country and educates specialists of a wide and narrow profile:
- Medical business
- Health Prevention
- Military medicine
Education takes place at 72 departments, of which:
- 29 for theoretical knowledge
- 43 for clinical education.
Clinical education is based on scientific and practical centers of the city of Minsk and on medical institutions.
999 teachers work at BSMU, among which there are many professors and doctors of sciences. About 100 foreign researchers visit the university annually: seminars, symposia and conferences with the participation of students are organized. Since 1970, education at the Belarusian State Medical University is also possible for foreign citizens: cooperation is conducted with more than 100 countries of the world. The percentage of foreign students is small: for 49 years, about 2,000 citizens of other countries received education here.
The university organizes exchange programs for students: universities from 24 countries are involved in which students of BSMU can gain invaluable experience and innovative knowledge. About half of all student places at the university are available free of charge - tuition for such students is covered from the state budget.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in BSMU (Belarusian State Medical University)
Facilities and equipment at BSMU (Belarusian State Medical University)
A library with scientific papers, books and full collections of journals is available for students of BSMU. There is a sports club, theme clubs, the association "Young Family", community of foreign students.
The university implements innovative teaching methods: a large video collection of unique operations has been created, departments have video projectors, televisions in their equipment - this allows students to demonstrate media content.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at BSMU begins in September, the correspondence form is available only for the Faculty of Pharmacy. Of the additional costs you need to count on an amount of $ 284 per month: rent a small room, meals, transportation costs. Students who want to live near the university and not save on food should prepare for monthly expenses of up to $ 600.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the Belarusian State Medical University, an applicant must provide a document on secondary education and pass three entrance exams:
- Belarusian or Russian language (optional)
Every year, the current passing scores are set on the specialties. In order to increase the chance of admission, you can use the targeted admission program for further work in a particular medical institution - for enrollment under this program, the passing score is always lower.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about BSMU (Belarusian State Medical University)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.