Bridgwater and Taunton College
Description of Bridgwater and Taunton College
- Age of students: from 16 years
- Hotel Area: United Kingdom
- Founded: 1888
- Type of institution: college
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: collaborative.
Bridgewater and Taunton Colleges are an amalgamation of Bridgewater College, Cannington College and Somerset College. The history of Bridgewater College dates back to 1888, when bridgewater School of Art opened on George Street.
The advantage of BTC College is divided into six sections. In the classroom, students focus on their needs and learn what will help them achieve their goal. The courses combine real-world experience with academic rigor and excellent opportunities for further employment.
All full-time students are assigned a personal tutor: he keeps in touch with the parents of students, writes reports and, if necessary, can refer to other specialists.
There is a well-being service on all three campuses, which students can request either in an interview or during college. There is also a professional counseling service, and students can apply for these services through their personal tutors or themselves.
Faculties and colleges
Bridgewater and Taunton College has campuses in Bridgewater, Taunton and Cunnington. Each of them offers fantastic opportunities for specific areas of study, and thanks to the wide choice of transport, campuses are easily accessible:
- Bridgewater campus
It features a new £7.5 million Centre for Advanced Development, which houses a design thinking lab, welding workshops and a composites laboratory designed to support the engineering and aerospace industries.
In recent years, they have invested in other areas of the campus, including the Energy Skills Center, the first of its kind in the Southwest, for the engineering, nuclear and sustainable energy sectors, the McMillan Theater, which seats 350 people, the commercial Beauty Zone and Automotive Center, the Child Care Center, which can accommodate up to 70 children aged six months to four years. A construction center serving all major construction industries, as well as a fitness center and various other sports facilities.
- Cannington Campus
The Cannington campus offers unrivalled opportunities for a hands-on experience in the world of agriculture, animal care and horticulture. The college's facilities include a 200-hectare farm, an advanced agricultural innovation center, and beautiful apartment buildings.
- Taunton campus.
- AoC Beacon Award
The AoC Beacon Awards recognize high-quality technical and vocational education and excellent education, highlighting the best and most innovative practices in the UK. BTC were honored with the City and Guilds Award for college engagement with employers in 2021.
- Taunton Dean Business of the Year Award
The Taunton Deane Business of the Year awards to businesses that have demonstrated proven leadership in the industry, demonstrated evidence of investment, and stood out in the local community.
- Taunton Dean Digital Innovation Award
This award recognizes the use of digital achievements in business. With the support of sponsors Ufi Charitable Trust and Edge, the National College of Nuclear Energy – NCfN, Southern Hub has a virtual reality (VR) room and a flow-through installation reproducing a nuclear power plant in the microcosm.
- Prestigious SEMTA Award
Bridgewater and Taunton College's National Nuclear College, South Node (NCfN), won the SEMTA Skills Innovation of the Year award, beating out stiff competition from Jaguar Land Rover and Toyota Manufacturing.
- TES FE Awards 2019: Winner of the Apprenticeship of the Year
Bridgwater & Taunton College won the Apprenticeship Program of the Year award at the annual 2019 Tes FE Awards ceremony after responding quickly to help students develop the skills needed to pursue a career in one of the nation's largest construction projects for a generation – Hinkley Point C.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Bridgwater and Taunton College
Accommodation, meals, prices
Any full-time student can apply for residency: priority is given to those applying for higher education or specialist courses, or living outside the 30-mile radius.
Activities Bridgwater and Taunton College
Team BTC provides talented students with the opportunity to gain access to professional, high-quality sports coaches along with education at an excellent educational institution.
Bridgwater & Taunton College is proud to work closely with Bridgwater United Football Club to provide its talented football players with additional opportunities to develop their skills.
BTC offers services for men's and women's football, rugby, netball, basketball, trampoline jumping and golf. Students are selected to participate in the Team BTC Sports Performance program through a series of challenges that are conducted throughout the year and at the beginning of each academic year.
The BTC Active team offers a wide range of free regular active activities throughout the week.
Examples of activities include:
- 99% of students successfully pass the A-Level,
- £50 million has been invested in university facilities over the past three years,
- More than 3,000 students are enrolled in the college grounds,
- The college is the largest provider of educational services in Somerset,
- The curriculum has been developed in conjunction with employers in various industries.
Facilities and equipment at Bridgwater and Taunton College
Most buildings have automatic doors and elevators, reserved parking spaces. Internal fire doors are kept open with a magnet, fire shelters are provided. Restaurants have flexible seats for people in wheelchairs.
You can apply using the online service.
Destination BTC will provide students with all the additional information on where and when to arrive at college and what to bring with them in September, important dates, information about transport and scholarships.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the school, you need to collect a full package of documents, which includes:
- Certificate confirming english proficiency,
- Motivation letter and portfolio of achievements,
- Completed application form,
- Payment of the administrative fee,
Scholarships Bridgwater and Taunton College
- Academic Scholarship,
- Performing Arts Scholarship,
- Athletic scholarship,
- Luke Buckingham Athletic Scholarship,
- Награды West Country Dairy Awards,
- Taunton Maids Scholarship,
- Doris Southcott Fellowship,
- Scholarship in Agriculture and Horticulture.
You can also apply for assistance with transportation, childcare or accommodation, and there is also a scholarship fund for children from 16 to 19 years old. There is a scholarship for vulnerable groups, a loan scholarship for advanced students and free school meals for people from low-income families.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Bridgwater and Taunton College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.