Barnet and Southgate College
Description of Barnet and Southgate College
- Age of students: from 16 years
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Type of institution: college
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
Barnet and Southgate College is a large college in London with more than 13,000 students and more than 20 subjects taught on four modern campuses. Joining a college means becoming part of a large and dynamic community that will help students prepare for work or university. The diverse environment offers a great opportunity to meet a wider range of promising ambitious people.
Teachers strive to ensure that students are involved in the learning process and enjoy learning, have the opportunity to recognize and develop their abilities, work on their next steps and succeed in learning.
The College provides the following services:
- Listens to his students and acts in accordance with their feedback,
- Adapts services and a competent approach to the needs of students,
- Always tries to bring out the best in students and help them realize their potential,
- Considers the impact on students in the decision-making and policies of the college,
- Does everything possible to support the students,
- Strives for excellence and is proud of what he does.
Faculties and colleges
- High Barnet Campus, Wood Street
The £50 million Wood Street campus has become the preferred option for those looking to stay at school to study A-Levels or many other subjects and qualifications. The state-of-the-art campus opened 12 years ago: successful A-Level students have received consistently high grades over the years to earn places at a number of Russell Group universities.
- Кампус Southgate Campus
The Southgate campus is also located on Main Street just a five-minute walk from Southgate Tube Station on the Piccadilly Line. The campus has been recently renovated, representing a £6.5 million investment by the college in state-of-the-art classrooms, teaching technology and more.
- Colidale Campus
This location is a transfer of the former Grahame Park campus from Grahame Park Way to Bristol Avenue, a 5-minute walk from Colindale Tube Station. The affordable urban location of the new campus and its close proximity to the metro and bus stops provide the best experience for college students and the local community. It is part of the city's £550 million master plan to restore the wider area of Graham Park.
- Edmonton Green Campus
The Edmonton Green campus is located in the heart of the Edmonton Green Mall, right above the shops and market. The Edmonton Green campus offers a variety of ESOL courses aimed at improving community cohesion in and around the Edmonton Green area.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Barnet and Southgate College
Activities Barnet and Southgate College
In addition to studying, there are sports academies and developmental events. Any student can apply to join one of 6 very successful sports academies, including tottenham Hotspur's men's and women's football academies.
- Students are offered a wide range of full and part-time courses in A-Level, basic degrees, technical and vocational qualifications, vocational education, job skills, apprenticeships, as well as education and employment opportunities for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Breaking down misconceptions about professional workplaces and working closely with employers and economists are vital to a college's success. The college's specialists are constantly analyzing the job market, filling in any student gaps with appropriate courses.
- Employability is at the heart of everything that is done at the institution – internships and industry experience are an integral part of most courses, and it is this experience that gives local students a competitive advantage when looking for a job or getting a place at a university. The economy of the future needs a professional and technically skilled workforce.
Facilities and equipment at Barnet and Southgate College
There are specialized facilities: hairdressers, construction and plumbing workshops, scientific laboratories and a number of facilities for art, design, media, fashion, photography and animation courses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Scan of the Russian passport,
- Report card,
- Completed registration form,
- Proof of English proficiency.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Barnet and Southgate College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.