- The best schools in Prague for international students
- The educational process in rating schools in Prague for foreign students from 11 to 18 years old
- Ranking secondary school in Prague for international students
- Specific features of instruction in ranking schools in Prague for foreign students
- TOP-7 best international schools in Prague for international students
The best schools in Prague for international students
When deciding on a prestigious secondary education in Prague , it’s worth making a decision regarding the language of instruction. So, teaching is conducted in Czech, English. The choice of a foreign student from 14 to 16 years old is determined by such parameters as the future place of higher education, as well as financial opportunities. So, in Prague, teaching in Czech is free of charge, while tuition in other foreign languages is paid. Education is conducted over 5 days, namely from Monday to Friday.
The educational process in rating schools in Prague for foreign students from 11 to 18 years old
- Primary School
All students must receive basic secondary education, the duration of which is 9 years. In addition, teaching is in Czech. As practice shows, foreign students who do not know the Czech language are sent to the class below. As part of the first year of study, it is not envisaged to grade foreign students in the Czech language. As a rule, over the course of a year, foreign teenagers acquire the necessary knowledge of the Czech language as part of their studies at a leading school in Prague. At the same time, SMAPSE experts advise attending additional classes with an experienced tutor.
Upon reaching 6-7 years, the child can enter the first grade of a primary school in Prague. As for school enrollment, it falls on the period from January 15 to February 15. As a rule, an interview with the student's parents is provided for during this period of time. As part of this communication, you can find out a lot of useful information regarding school rules and traditions, and at the same time you get to know the teachers.
If we consider the grading system in prestigious schools in Prague, then the following scale is applied, namely:
- 1 point - highest
- 5 - worst ranking
At the end of each academic year, students receive report cards that show the final grades in various academic subjects. So, in the case of receiving unsatisfactory marks, the student after the end of the summer holidays without fail retakes discipline. In the case of receiving a repeated unsatisfactory grade in the subject, the student remains in the same class.
Below is the structure of education in Prague's primary school, namely, two educational stages are distinguished:
- The first stage is studying from grades 1 to 5
- The second stage - education from grades 6 to 9
At the end of this stage, the teenager is given the opportunity to continue their education in a secondary school in the Czech Republic, which is an analogue of a technical school, or in a leading gymnasium, the duration of which is 4 years. At the same time, upon completion of education, students are required to pass exams for a certificate of maturity.
If a foreign student has a craving for some sciences, in particular, exact or humanitarian, then he can enter the elite gymnasium of Prague, the duration of which is 8 years, after graduating from grade 5, as an alternative, it is possible to study in a 6-year-old gymnasium after 7th grade.
The key difference between Czech gymnasiums is due to the fact that, as part of the admission, exams are required, as well as a more rigorous approach to teaching.
Ranking secondary school in Prague for international students
As already noted above, after studying in a primary school, a foreign student is given the opportunity to continue education in high school or in a gymnasium, the duration of which is 4 years. In the case of graduation from a primary school outside the Czech Republic, a foreign student is required to undergo the nostrification of the certificate of incomplete secondary education issued by a foreign school. Alternatively, confirmation of the validity of this certificate may be offered.
Please note that nostrification should be understood as the recognition of the equivalence of a foreign certificate of education. The responsibility for carrying out this procedure lies with the authorized education department, namely the city magistrate in Prague. In order to successfully pass the nostrification procedure, a foreign teenager will need to provide an application form, a copy of the certificate, which is notarized, a certified translation of the certificate and its insert. As for the cost of this procedure, it is on average 200 Kč. As a rule, the period for consideration of an application varies from 1 to two months.
Below is a classification of the leading secondary schools in Prague in the context of three groups, namely:
- Grammar School
- Specialized Secondary Schools
In addition, elite secondary schools and gymnasiums in the Czech Republic can be of two types, namely general education and specialized, in the walls of which certain academic subjects are taught on an in-depth basis.
Entering the advanced secondary vocational schools of the Czech Republic, a foreign student receives not only a general secondary education, but also masters a certain specialty that interests him. After undergoing education at the secondary specialized school in Prague, graduates are issued a certificate of assignment in a particular field.
Specific features of instruction in ranking schools in Prague for foreign students
On the territory of the Czech Republic, upon completion of basic school, it is envisaged to pass exams not at the end of grade 9, but as part of entering a secondary school. So, all students must pass math, Czech and one foreign language. Please note that in elite specialized schools, in addition to the listed list of subjects, writing an exam in a specialty and one discipline of a student's choice is required for passing. Directly in Czech schools, which do not provide for the assignment of specialization, foreign students independently choose both disciplines for delivery, based on individual preferences and interests.
To successfully pass the exam in a particular discipline, you need to obtain the required number of educational hours. So, an annual assessment can have an impact on the examination assessment, and the opposite effect is also possible. Please note that in accordance with Czech law, foreign students have the right to submit a package of documents to only two prestigious secondary schools in the Czech Republic.
In the case of successful completion of education in high school and passing the final exams, a graduation certificate is issued to the graduate.
TOP-7 best international schools in Prague for international students
To begin with, tuition at elite international schools in Prague is paid. So, upon completion of education, graduates are issued a certificate of secondary education of the western sample. In addition, the TOP international private schools in Prague can teach in English, German or French. Thus, the successful completion of an international school in Prague allows a graduate to become a student in ranking universities in the UK, USA, Germany, France, etc. At the same time, some graduates decide to obtain higher education in a foreign language at prestigious international universities in the Czech Republic.
Below are the best international schools in Prague that are taught in English:
- Riverside School - is a private family-format school, teaching is carried out in accordance with the British-American educational system. Target audience - students aged 3 to 18 years. Tuition starts at an average of 14,000 € per year of study.
- British International school Prague - is a prestigious private school. In the walls of the elite school of Prague, the international situation reigns due to the fact that foreign students representing more than 30 countries are studying at the same time. Teaching is conducted in accordance with the British educational system. The cost of education throughout the year varies around 17,400 €.
- The Prague British School - this prestigious school continues the activities of the leading The British International School, thereby teaching is conducted according to the British educational system. The cost of education per year is an average of 17,400 €.
- The English College in Prague - is an elite private English gymnasium, the duration of education is 6 years. Admission to education of foreign students aged 13 to 19 years. Upon graduation, graduates freely enter the best universities abroad, in particular, Oxford, Cambridge. The cost of education throughout the year is 7,800 €.
- International School of Prague - is an international school located in Nebusice. Teaching is conducted in accordance with the US-British educational program. Tuition for the year starts from 14,000 €.
- Německáškola v Praze - is an advanced international gymnasium school, the duration of education in which is 8 years. Teaching is in German. The cost of education starts from 7,200 € per year.
- Lycee Francias de Prague - is a top French lyceum. Teaching is conducted according to French methods, along with this is the development of the Czech language and culture of the Czech Republic. The cost of education throughout the year is approximately 6,700 €.