- Los Angeles - the best country for education of foreign students
- The best schools in Los Angeles for foreign students
- Learning Specifics at Best Los Angeles Schools - Educational Programs Offered
- The choice of Los Angeles school for international students
- How is the process of entering the best schools in Los Angeles organized?
Los Angeles - the best country for education of foreign students
On the territory of Los Angeles, a large number of effective educational programs aimed at foreign students have been developed. There are all comfortable conditions are provided for living and learning. At the moment, Los Angeles is assigned the status of a world educational, financial and scientific center. Several dozens of leading schools, which occupy high positions in international rankings, are successfully operating in Los Angeles. In particular, according to the 2018 ranking of The Times Higher Education, the third line of the ranking belongs to the University of California, Los Angeles.
The best schools in Los Angeles for foreign students
The year 1957 was marked by the opening of the prestigious South Hills Academy private school, located in the small town of West Covina. Currently, the number of students is 530 adolescents. Within the walls of an elite private school in Los Angeles, scientific and scholastic approaches are combined, while at the same time educating traditional values and morals in foreign students. The development of social skills occurs throughout the learning process. Thus, the harmonious development of each student individually is guaranteed to all incoming teenagers, in addition, upon completion of education, all graduates demonstrate maturity in all areas, in particular, sports, academic, social, psycho-emotional.
It is worth noting that the leading school of the South Hills Academy in Los Angeles is a member of the following advanced educational organizations such as:
- Association of Christian School International
- Western States Association of Schools and Colleges.
As for the teaching staff, it includes 24 experienced and professional educators. In the framework of the education, the following proportional ratio of teachers to schoolchildren is 1:22. Educational process is carried out in small study groups, thereby ensuring the application of an individual approach to teaching.
This prestigious private school in Los Angeles is organized on a full board basis. The target audience for education is foreign students aged 14 to 18 years. Students live in a comfortable residence. In addition to studying, teachers try to develop leaders in students who will be followed in the future by people. As for location, the elite school is located on the Pacific coast, surrounded by beautiful hilly terrain. In addition, the famous Paleontological Museum is nearby. So, students take part in the activities and development of the museum, in particular, it is planned to send them to archaeological expeditions, research findings, and assist in drawing up expositions. In addition, foreign students are offered high school programs (suitable for students from 14 to 16 years old), including a 9-10 grade program. It is also worth noting that the Diploma + Advanced Placement program of increased complexity has been developed, focused on effective pre-university education. Tuition starts at 60,845 $ per year.
The target audience is foreign students who seek to receive specialized education, after which graduates will be able to freely enter the best faculties of creativity and art. As part of the high school program, it is envisaged to teach general educational disciplines, conduct classes in art and the preferred form of creativity. Typically, the duration of educational programs is 1 year. As for the location of the school, it is located in the highlands of San Josinto, which is not far from the San Bernardino National Park, which is an ecologically clean and protected area of California. Los Angeles is 2 hours away by car. Foreign students live in comfortable rooms designed for two students.
An advanced public school is a member of the Nacel Open Door F-1 Public School Program, the purpose of which is due to the provision of the opportunity for foreign students to receive secondary education in leading American public schools. As part of the High School educational programs, professional educators provide comprehensive support to foreign students. Passing education, students acquire fundamental knowledge in the main school disciplines, at the same time, personal development, development of useful social skills to ensure comfortable living in an international environment. The duration of study is at least 1 academic year, while foreign students are not guaranteed that educational loans that were previously received at another school will be transferred. In addition, graduates are not guaranteed compulsory enrollment, as well as obtaining a diploma. The admissions committee of leading US schools pay attention to the personal qualities of students, persistence in learning, and also diligent attitude to the educational process. As for the issue of residence, it is organized in host families. The cost of education per year on average varies about 39,390 $.
Educational programs lasting 4 years have been developed, as part of the offered courses, high-quality education is being conducted, aimed at unhindered admission to America's top universities. An elite school is located in the same hotel in Los Angeles. Teachers who work in ranking universities such as Harvard University, George Washington University, Boston College, UCLA, UC Berkeley and others are involved in teaching. The teaching provides for the study of academic subjects at an advanced level. Regarding the issue of students' accommodation, foreign teenagers are accommodated in comfortable hotel rooms. Tuition per semester varies around 23,725 $.
During the period of the work of the school, it has earned an impeccable reputation by inviting foreign students from 15 to 18 years old to study as part of the educational program of high school. Foreign students study over 35 disciplines at an advanced level. As for the cost of education, it varies from 68,000 $.
Learning Specifics at Best Los Angeles Schools - Educational Programs Offered
Leading schools in Los Angeles have developed a variety of programs aimed at foreign students of middle and senior grades. Passing one of these educational programs allows the student to undergo effective pre-university education for unhindered admission to Top US universities. The following are the main education programs offered to foreign studentd:
- American High School Diploma - upon graduation, graduates are issued a certificate of secondary education
- International Baccalaureate (IB Diploma) - after graduation in 10th grade, students within the framework of the international baccalaureate program specialize in pre-university education
- Advanced Placement (AP) - the duration of studies in the framework of this program is 2 years, it provides high-quality education for successful admission to ranking universities abroad.
In addition to teaching advanced schools in Los Angeles, the emphasis is on the harmonious development of personality. Due to the use of this approach, every foreign student acquires the social skills required in life, as well as personal qualities.
Teaching is conducted in English, in connection with which, a foreign student needs to have basic language skills in order to quickly adapt to the new language and cultural environment and successful learning. Thus, when deciding to enter elite schools and universities in America, a requirement is required for foreign students regarding a high level of English proficiency.
As an advantage of studying at elite Los Angeles schools for foreign students, it is worth highlighting a good geographical location - the majority of the leading schools are located on or near the Pacific coast. So, based on individual preferences, each foreign student will be able to pick up elite schools located in the center of the metropolis, while opening up the widest opportunities for an exciting city vacation due to the modern development of the city’s entertainment infrastructure. Calm students will be able to study in quiet remote areas, near which there are mountains or picturesque parks. In addition, walking through the park areas will allow students to get acquainted with the California climate and natural landscapes.
The choice of Los Angeles school for international students
There are a large number of private and public schools in Los Angeles that are suitable for teaching foreign students. At the same time, prestigious private boarding schools, which provide accommodation for the period of study and the issue of guardianship, are more suitable for foreign students. In addition, through the placement of a comfortable school residence in the territory, the process of adaptation of foreign students is faster and more painless to the new linguistic and cultural environment.
Please note that students with excellent academic performance can become scholarship recipients in a predominant number of elite schools in Los Angeles.
How is the process of entering the best schools in Los Angeles organized?
- To be enrolled in leading schools in Los Angeles, you will need to pass an exam in order to determine the level of English proficiency. So, you can pass the international language exam IELTS with a score of at least 4.5 points or TOEFL. As for the academic requirements for foreign students, it is enough to have a positive average score.
- It is necessary to prepare a package of documents containing detailed information about the student, his successes, extracurricular activities a year before the planned admission.
- A personal interview with members of the selection committee is envisaged. In addition, you may need to write an essay on the topic “For what reasons do I want to study in this particular Los Angeles school?”, Or as an alternative, testing will be offered.
- The cost of education throughout the year ranges from an average of 55,000 to 90,000 $.
- The cost of education is determined by such factors as the location of the institution, living conditions, the degree of prestige of the school, and developed educational programs. Tuition fees include tuition and accommodation. On an additional basis, you will need to pay a registration fee, purchase educational materials, arrange a medical insurance policy, excursions, an educational form, as well as practical and laboratory studies.