Leading schools in Birmingham for 11-18 years old foreign students
Great Britain is assigned the status of a center in terms of the prestige and elitism of secondary education and schools. When choosing a British educational institution, you should pay attention to the schools in Birmingham, which guarantees the highest quality of educational services.
On the territory of Birmingham there are a large number of museums, cultural centers, theaters, which provides interesting leisure for foreign teenagers. Within the walls of the best schools in Birmingham, a unique international environment has been created in which foreign teenagers 12, 14, 16 and 17 years old feel comfortable. In their free hours from classes, students can easily get to the British capital.
Every year, the popularity of Birmingham schools among foreign students 13-17 years old who are looking for effective pre-university education: after graduation, graduates here freely become students of TOP universities in the UK and other countries of the world. It is worth noting such universities as:
Reasons for studying at a prestigious school in Birmingham
- You can choose schools that are located both in the city and in the countryside. Each child will be able to choose an educational institution taking into account individual preferences, goals and interests. If the school is located outside the city, a transfer will be organized for students and their parents.
- Effective language courses have been developed for foreign students that allow to overcome language barriers in a short time.
- Following centuries-old traditions - each school has its own unique atmosphere. In some educational institutions, students are allowed to wear loose clothing, somewhere in the official school uniform. Some schools practice strict discipline, while others create a creative environment.
- In addition to ordinary disciplines, students are provided with courses in creative areas - in music, design, acting.
- The physical development of foreign adolescents does not go unnoticed - regular classes are held in football, gymnastics, golf, tennis, hockey, rowing, cricket.
- Experienced school tutors and teachers constantly monitor the emotional and physical condition of each student, providing a high level of comfort.
- Classes are held in small classrooms, the number of students in which does not exceed 12 children: an individual approach to teaching is guaranteed.
What is important to consider when choosing a school in Birmingham for a 16-year-old foreign teenager?
- The cost of studying - ranges from 15 to 50 thousand pounds per year on a full board basis;
- Student's age - some schools have developed primary education programs (children from 7–8 years old are being admitted), while other schools offer secondary education programs, accepting teenagers for 14 years;
- Form of education is co-ed or joint;
- Rich leisure program.
TOP-4 best schools in Birmingham for foreign students
- King Edward VI High - only girls are accepted
- King Edward 's School - separate education (boys)
- Abbey College Birmingham
- The Royal Wolverhampton School .
Admission Procedure for Rating Birmingham Schools
From the age of 9, children have been offered primary education programs in full-board format - it is important to know English at a basic level. A foreign teenager aged 14-16 can enroll in GCSE High School programs (the duration of study is 4 years). High school programs include the choice of a student course A - level , IB , BTEC .
For a successful admission, a foreign teenager must have a good command of English. In addition, in some cases, a requirement is to pass a specialized language program for the successful passing of entrance tests.
Students must provide the following documents for admission:
- School grades in the last 2-3 years
- Passport copy
- Letters of recommendation from teachers in English
- International language certificate
- School application form (in English)
- Interview on Skype or a personal meeting.