- Private schools in Austria for foreign students
- The main advantages of elite secondary education in Austria
- Classification of types of prestigious private schools in Austria - specific characteristics
- A bit of detailed information about the Austrian educational system
- Choosing the best private school in Austria
- The cost of elite secondary education in prestigious private schools in Austria
- The process of entering the top private schools in Austria - a list of necessary documents and knowledge
Private schools in Austria for foreign students
The prestige and impeccable reputation of the best private schools in Austria among European countries are universally recognized. Thus, the highest academic standards are honored and applied in teaching by leading private schools in Austria, allowing foreign graduates to become students of ranking universities abroad. Extremely high-quality language and academic education is given to foreign students. As a rule, the study of English and German is envisaged, at the same time there is a rapid overcoming of the communicative barrier due to complete immersion in the language environment. In addition, the vocabulary is expanding on an ongoing basis.
Please note that the top private schools in Austria offer the attention of foreign students the IB, International Baccalaureate educational program, which is taught in English, as well as accepted and quoted by all English-speaking ranking universities abroad. In this connection, in order to obtain a high-quality academic and language base for the purpose of successfully building a career, foreign students decide to receive an elite secondary education in Austrian private boarding schools.
The elite secondary private school Amadeus International School successfully operates in Vienna, the American International School of Salzburg was created in Salzburg. On the territory of St. Gilgen an elite Saint Gilgen International School was created, the cost of education in which is extremely high, and which has the latest technical equipment.
Special attention should be paid to the state-of-the-art equipment and manufacturability of leading private schools in Austria. Thus, the created conditions contribute to the comprehensive development of every foreign student in all areas, namely creative, academic, spiritual, as well as physical.
It is also worth noting that Austria is famous for its sports. In particular, the mountainous regions of the country are especially popular, since it is in these areas that you can go hiking, trekking, mountain biking, snowboarding, and skiing.
Attractiveness for foreign students is due to the picturesque nature and the cleanest air in Austria during the period of study in the Austrian best private school or summer camp. It is worth noting that some private schools in Austria provide for the placement of foreign students in classic chalet houses, which are truly a great place for effective learning and a great and exciting vacation.
Do not deny your child prestigious education in Austria. So, the specialists of SMAPSE educational center have prepared a list of leading schools that have received appropriate accreditation.
The main advantages of elite secondary education in Austria
- High level of quality education
- Effective educational programs that are divided into international and Austrian
- The guarantee of the comprehensive and harmonious development of foreign students in their personal, creative, sports, as well as academic areas
- Quick adaptation to the new language and culture
- Getting a useful and truly unique experience
- Obtaining a ranking diploma, the presence of which allows you to become students of a top university abroad
- Modern infrastructure equipment
- Comfortable living conditions for foreignstudents.
Classification of types of prestigious private schools in Austria - specific characteristics
As noted above, the prestige of secondary Austrian education is recognized universally among all countries of the world. So, every year more than a thousand foreign students decide to study at prestigious private schools in Austria. So, the division of school education into three levels is provided, namely:
- Initial - target audience - students aged 6 to 10 years
- Medium - students from 10 to 14 years old are educated
- High school - focused on foreign students aged 14 to 18 years.
Monitoring of primary, secondary, higher education is entrusted to the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education. The law itself, adopted in 1962, regulates the activities of private Austrian schools. In accordance with it, two types of educational institutions function on the territory of Austria, for which the presence of significant differences is characteristic:
- The first group consists of educational institutions with the right to take internal exams and issue state diplomas. With regard to this type of school, a requirement is made regarding the availability of a high-quality and modern material base and ensuring a high level of quality teaching, as well as high student performance.
- The second group of educational institutions does not have the right to take internal exams. So, to become a holder of a diploma, a graduate will need to pass external exams.
In Austria, both Austrian and international schools successfully function, in turn, subdividing into two types, namely:
- Teaching is conducted in the framework of foreign educational programs, in particular, these are International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement
- Teaching is carried out in accordance with the Austrian educational system, however, teaching takes place in two languages, namely German and English.
All leading private schools in Austria are characterized by a high technical level of infrastructure equipment and a fundamental scientific base. It is also worth noting that the predominant number of prestigious Austrian private schools received accreditation from the following organizations:
- Council of International Schools
- European Council of International Schools
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Please note that in all prestigious private schools in Austria, foreign students are guaranteed the highest level of quality teaching and educational services. So, in the walls of the best Austrian boarding schools, students who are representatives of the most different countries of the world are being educated, thereby allowing them to get acquainted with different cultures on a close basis and actively develop language and communication skills. Teachers who have extensive experience and excellent qualifications are involved in teaching, and who apply an individual approach to each student, while creating a cozy atmosphere. The educational programs emphasize the harmonious development of critical thinking skills, legal awareness, a sense of world community, and responsibility.
A bit of detailed information about the Austrian educational system
You can find a lot in common between the Austrian system of secondary education and the German, which also includes three stages, namely primary, secondary and higher schools. The duration of compulsory secondary education in Austria is 9 years, which includes the first two stages of education.
Upon reaching 6 years, the child enters primary school , the duration of education is 4 years. As part of this educational level, students are expected to study a wide range of subjects. After that, a transition to the senior level of primary school is envisaged, thereby creating the opportunity for general secondary education. Alternatively, continuing education at the lower stage of a comprehensive school is possible. The second option of education provides for foreign students to receive more in-depth knowledge. Immediately upon transition to the 7th grade of a complete comprehensive Austrian school, the beginning of specialization is provided. So, students are given the opportunity to choose one of the profiles, namely the standard gymnasium education, which includes the study of Latin, a mathematical class that involves teaching at an advanced level of algebra, geometry, or the class of economic sciences. It is at this stage that the completion of compulsory education lasts 9 years. After that, students have a choice, namely, education in vocational schools, or alternatively, you can enter a secondary school at the highest stage. Within the framework of the higher school, effective education is provided, aimed at successful admission to ranking universities abroad. In the case of passing the exams, the graduate is issued a certificate of complete secondary education Matura. Educational programs - international and Austrian.
Choosing the best private school in Austria
- English and German
- Latin and Greek
- Modern languages
- Religious Studies
- Computer science
- Art history
- Social Studies
- Economics, business
- Natural Sciences.
In the case of successful completion of the last class, each student is expected to pass the final test, conducted on a centralized basis, while the test results will be counted as part of admission to top universities abroad.
- High School Diploma and Advanced Placement Program
These American educational programs on secondary education are very popular among foreign students, since these educational programs are developed on the basis of the highest academic standards, thereby opening up the broadest opportunities for graduates to enter ranking universities abroad. So, on average, about 4000 universities from all over the world accept the results of the Advanced Placement Program certificate.
As for the educational process under the AP program itself, it provides for a serious load, in particular, schoolchildren study from 2 to 4 foreign languages, general subjects, as well as elective subjects. Directly in the upper grades of the best private schools in Austria provides for the study of foreign students at an intensive and in-depth level of specialization courses, as well as obtaining the required number of loans, which are credits. So, the American educational system assumes 34 courses of AR.
- International Baccalaureate IB - International Baccalaureate
This educational program is universally the most prestigious and has the status of the best education course, the development of which was attended by leading experts and scientists in the 1960s. Throughout its functioning, the international baccalaureate program has been repeatedly improved and modernized. So, having on hand a certificate of passing the IB program, a graduate can enter elite universities located in Europe, Canada, the United States and other countries. The educational program provides both an academic load and the development of social involvement, education, as well as individual research.
The cost of elite secondary education in prestigious private schools in Austria
The cost of education in the best private Austrian boarding schools ranges on average from 30,000 to 55,000 € per year. The difference in the cost of education is due to the class of instruction, in particular, the cost of studying in a secondary school is lower compared to graduation classes, and the chosen educational program.
The process of entering the top private schools in Austria - a list of necessary documents and knowledge
To successfully enroll in a prestigious school in Austria, a foreign student needs to prepare a standard package of documents and show the admissions committee a good level of academic and linguistic knowledge. The following is a list of required documents:
- Copy of your passport
- Grade tables for the last 2 years of study, as well as grades for quarters or trimesters of the current school year
- Availability of an international language certificate
- Letters of recommendation from teachers in English and mathematics, in some cases it is worth having a letter from the principal
- In some cases, it is necessary to prepare a motivation letter
- Fill out registration forms and school forms
- Interviewing on Skype, or as an option to make a personal visit to the school of interest.
In addition, a foreign student needs to write an internal school test in mathematics and the English language in order to determine the level of preparation of the student at the time of education.
In the case of insufficient level of knowledge of a foreign language, a foreign student will be able to improve language skills at special preparatory courses in Austria. Alternatively, a study trip to the advanced Austrian summer language camp can be offered as an alternative. During the school holidays, the predominant number of boarding schools accept foreign students for short-term language programs. In addition to a significant improvement in language skills, a foreign student will be able to immerse himself in the atmosphere of a prestigious Austrian school.
SMAPSE experts draw your attention to the fact that SMAPSE educational center is an official representative and partner of a predominant number of leading private schools in Austria, in connection with which, SMAPSE experienced specialists provide free professional assistance in organizing studies and admission to preferred boarding schools.