The Azerbaijan State Oil Academy was established in 1920 on the basis of the Baku Technical School. In 2015, the president issued a decree on renaming the educational institution to Azerbaijan State University of Oil and Industry.
The training programs have recently undergone a modernization process, for which teachers from the Technical University of Georgia were involved.
Famous university graduates include:
An active participation in the life of the university is taken by the Student Trade Union Committee, whose members are responsible for organizing summer camps and leisure during the school year, allocating dormitories, discipline, and ensuring the rights of students.
In 2014, the Azerbaijan-French University was established on the basis of the educational institution, the activities of which are regulated by the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan and the University of Strasbourg. At present, AFU offers four technical specialties. All students are entitled to attend summer camps in France at the University of Strasbourg: for admission, basic knowledge of the English language is required.
In their free time, students can attend the theater studio, classes of the ensemble "Youth", dance ensemble.
Applicants can begin training in the departments:
The university is equipped with all necessary equipment. To achieve educational goals at the university, there are: a library, a reading room, and self-study classrooms. Sports classes in both educational and free time are held in the sports complex. There is a cafeteria and a dining room.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.