Zewail City of Science and Technology is a science city that consists of a university, a research institute and a technology park. The idea of creating such a scientific center in Egypt was proposed back in 1999, the foundation stone was laid in 2001, but they returned to the idea only in 2011. The main goal of the scientific campus is to ensure the effective development of science, raise Egypt's technology to a world level, and increase national productivity.
The city was opened on November 1, 2011 in two buildings owned by the Egyptian government. In 2015, Samih Saviris donated 100 million Egyptian pounds to the Zewail City of Science and Technology , which went on to develop the infrastructure of the town and update the material and technical base.
There is a Housing Department in the town that helps students, teachers and staff solve the housing problem. Some students choose accommodation in the city, thanks to the department they find the most suitable options. The majority of teachers, scientists and students choose dormitory accommodation. Tuition fees - from $ 130 per month, depending on the accommodation option.
Zewail City of Science and Technology is a modern city with buildings designed by renowned architects. At the university, they conduct scientific work:
For the entire academic and student staff, the EBSCO electronic library operates , with more than 100,000 modern publications in its collection.
Buses run through the town, with which you can quickly and free of charge get to the desired building.
The academic year at the university begins in September, research is conducted year-round. Additionally, you will have to pay the registration fee.
In order to become a student of Zewail City of Science and Technology , an applicant must fill out an online application on the university website and provide:
Enrollment in some specialties requires passing entrance exams.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.