Description of Youngshan University
- Established: 1973
- Location: Busan, South Korea
- Type: Private Nonprofit Higher Education Institution
- Number of students: 7,000.
The university was founded in 1973 - the vectors were immediately identified:
- Education in students of a craving for a healthy lifestyle, serving the country and society
- The development of intellectual capabilities, scientific thinking and the ability to solve problems in a comprehensive manner
- Training highly qualified specialists to meet the needs of society.
A feature of this educational institution can be considered that it immediately began its work as a university, while all the other higher educational institutions in South Korea were created as technical schools or colleges. More than twenty years after its founding - in 1999 - graduate school began its work.
The motto of the university: "Learning, people are disciplined not only for themselves, but also for others."
It is noteworthy that the first university with which Youngshan established international cooperation was the Russian University.
Today, Youngshan University offers training in the following specialties:
- Faculty of Hotel and Tourism Management (hotel and tourism management, culinary arts, English as a foreign language, sea recreation and tourism, airline management)
- Faculty of Arts and Technology (broadcasting, photography, management of the school of culture, acting and performing arts, fashion design, design)
- Faculty of Engineering (Computer Engineering, Smart City Engineering, Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Faculty of Medicine (nursing, dentistry, physiotherapy, management of healthcare institutions).
An exchange program has been developed at the university: successful students can go to study at the best universities in the USA, Russia, France, Argentina, China, Brazil, Finland, Germany, Canada, Australia, Japan, Singapore, the Czech Republic, etc.
Students who are successful in studies, as well as preferential categories of students, can apply for scholarships and grants that partially cover the cost of tuition.
The university is proud of the high level of knowledge and the demand for its graduates.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Youngshan University
Accommodation, meals, prices
A comfortable student dormitory is located on the territory of the university, in which both local and foreign students can live.
- The teaching staff has about 400 specialists in various fields
- Particular attention is paid to parents who can directly participate in the educational and leisure activities of the child.
- The university is managed by the Sungsim School Foundation, which ensures that the knowledge acquired by students meets not only the requirements of today's science, but also the science of the future.
Facilities and equipment at Youngshan University
The university consists of two campuses: the main building of the city type works in Busan, and the auxiliary training center in Seoul.
For comfortable student learning, there is an extensive library that combines publications with a digital catalog. Scientific laboratories, classrooms, computer centers and technical facilities are all equipped with the latest technology.
Much attention is paid to the sports education of students: on both campuses there are sports complexes with modern equipment, tennis courts, basketball courts and a field for indoor soccer, a design room.
Admission dates and extra charges
Both at the undergraduate and graduate programs, training begins in September. The school year consists of two semesters.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
High school graduates are allowed to enter the baccalaureate, university graduates are allowed to enter the magistracy.
Applicants must provide the following documents:
- Bank statement with an indication of the amount from $ 9,000 to $ 18,000, depending on the chosen training program
- International students must provide an alien registration card
- Certificate of registration of marriage of parents, copies of identity documents of the applicant and parents, a certificate of employment and income of parents.
All documents of foreign applicants must be checked and certified by the Embassy of Korea or the Embassy of the country of citizenship of the applicant in Korea.
An applicant must submit documents for a student visa after issuing a certificate of admission. If the visa application is not approved, the student is automatically expelled from the university.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Youngshan University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.