Description of Kyungnam University
- Established: 1946
- Location: Gyeongsang, South Korea
- Number of students: 34,000
- Language of instruction: Korean, English
- Type: private.
The university was founded in 1946 as a Cucmin College. In 1970, the Hanma Foundation took over the college, and after 12 years - in 1982 - the college received the status of a higher educational institution.
The main principles of the university:
- All taught disciplines should be aimed at the welfare of the country and the world.
- To instill in students a feeling of love for their homeland, family, and people
- Relate theory to practice
- To teach disciplines without isolation from the real world
- Provide the necessary freedom and resources for the implementation of research activities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kyungnam University
- A large number of successfully employed graduates
- The teaching staff - more than 1000 people, including academicians, doctors and candidates of sciences, professors
- Large selection of specialties at 45 faculties
- Training programs oriented to the modern labor market
- Wide field for research work
- Modern material and technical base.
Facilities and equipment at Kyungnam University
The Kyungnam University campus is Gyeongsang's educational, scientific and cultural center.
On campus are:
- Educational buildings
- Museum of Health
- Cultural centers
- Water research center
- Museum of Science and Life
- Art Museum
- International Language Center
- Large playground
- Center for Industrial and Academic Cooperation
- Tennis court
- Center for Continuing Education.
All university structures are equipped with modern computer technology.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a Kyungnam U niversity student , an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with certified translation
- Copies of identity documents of the applicant and parents or legal representatives
- Motivation letter
- Confirmation of sufficient amount of finance to pay for training
- Certificate of registration of a foreigner in Korea
- Registration fee payment receipt
- Original certificate of delivery of TOPIC level 3 and above, TOEFL 530 (CBT197, iBT 71), IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2 or TEPS 600.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kyungnam University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.