Description of Kosin University
- Established: 1946
- Type: private higher education institution
- Location: Busan, Republic of Korea
- Language of instruction: Korean, Chinese English.
Kosin University was founded in 1946 and is a private higher education institution in South Korea. The name "Kosin" comes from the name of the denomination of Presbyterian churches in Korea that organized actions against the Japanese Empire.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kosin University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides its students with residences: Happy Dormitory or Shalom Dormitory.
- The university has developed international exchange programs that allow students to study at partner universities from the 1st semester to the 1st year
- The educational institution provides the opportunity to receive a double diploma in conjunction with Chinese universities (Nanjing Normal University, Shenyang Normal University).
- The university has foreign internship programs that allow you to gain practical experience in a specialty in a foreign company
- During summer and winter holidays, students can take short-term language courses in Chinese and Filipino.
Facilities and equipment at Kosin University
Yongdo Island, located on the southern outskirts of Central Busan, is the location of the main campus of the institution and includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university is divided into two semesters. The first semester begins in March, the second in September.
- Cost of living in Busan = $ 710 -1134 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Curriculum and financial plan (for Korean courses)
- Apostilled education certificate
- Apostilled official transcript (magistracy)
- Certificate of Academic Performance
- Certificate in Korean TOPIK 3 (you must get TOPIK 4 before graduation)
- Certificate in English (Master)
- Certificate of Confirmation
- Copy of passport / ID
- Copy of registration card of a foreign citizen
- Photo (3x4) from 3 to 5 pcs. (depending on the program)
- Financial guarantees:
- Bank statement ($ 18,000 or more)
- Certificate of employment of parents and annual certificate of income (for Korean language courses)
- Visa Application Form
- Application for a visa permit
- Letter of recommendation from a local missionary or pastor (Master)
- Personal Guarantee Certificate - for a Korean missionary or someone in Korea (Master's program)
- Confession of Confession of Faith
- Certificate of relationship between the applicant and parents
- Family birth certificate.
All documents must be submitted in Korean / English.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kosin University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.