Busan National University
Description of Busan National University
- Founded: 1946
- Location: Busan, South Korea
- Language of instruction: Korean
- Number of students: about 26,000
- Rating in Korea: 10.
Busan National University - one of the leading universities in Korea, is included in the TOP-500 universities in the world. There is a wide selection of educational programs, and the courses that are most popular are related to nanotechnology and medicine. In the research centers of the university, discoveries in the field of medical pathologies, treatment of various diseases, immunity are regularly made - they are talked about at international conferences.
The university has international exchange programs, the number of foreign students is 5% of the total number of students. The teaching staff consists of more than 2200 specialists with a scientific degree, including doctors of sciences and professors. Busan National University graduates find decent work in large companies both in Korea and elsewhere.
Talented students receive a generous scholarship, often covering all tuition costs. The university is a member of the OpenCourseWare Consortium.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Busan National University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students from abroad are provided with a hostel: comfortable rooms with all necessary furniture and appliances, with shared kitchens and recreation areas. The cost of living in a hostel is $ 1200 per semester, it includes meals in the student cafeteria.
Activities Busan National University
In their free time, students are engaged in creativity, organize various performances, visit the cultural and historical monuments of Busan, entertainment venues - the city is large, beautiful and interesting.
Facilities and equipment at Busan National University
Busan National University is proud of its research centers and laboratories, offers students a modern sports hall with playgrounds for various games, a library, computer classes. Each office has modern equipment that allows you to obtain knowledge efficiently and comfortably.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at the university is divided into two semesters: spring and autumn. Additional costs will range from $ 200 per month (communication, transportation, leisure activities).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In addition to the standard requirements for applicants (exams and a document on previous education), you must also have from $ 18,000 in a bank account - this is a guarantee that the student will not leave school because of the inability to pay for the course or accommodation. Knowledge of Korean is required.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Busan National University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.