Summer School at Yale University
Description of Summer School at Yale University
- Established: 1701
- Location: New Haven, Connecticut, USA
- Students age: 13 to 18 years old
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of study: residence, full board.
Summer School at Yale is a summer educational program based on Yale University, one of America's most prestigious universities. It was founded in 1701, and today it is among the best American universities that have an excellent reputation and offer first-class education. Among the graduates of the university there are many famous personalities, including former presidents of the country George W. Bush and Bush Sr., Bill Clinton and other no less significant persons from various fields of activity.
The programs offered at the summer school are excellent for preparing students who want to apply for admission to Yale. The courses will also be interesting to those who just want to spend an interesting summer, while feeling like a student at a prestigious university. Qualified teachers, who are professionals in their fields, will work with the guys, therefore, students will also be able to get high-quality theoretical and practical knowledge.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Summer School at Yale University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students will live in a student residence on campus, where they will be offered comfortable rooms. In the hostel, these are rooms for 1-2 people, some of them have a separate bathroom, additional rooms with amenities are on the floor. For meals, students are offered a canteen on the territory of the university: full three meals a day in full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Activities Summer School at Yale University
The program of the Summer School at Yale includes a leisure part: these are afternoon or evening entertainment several times a week, plus an excursion program. The latter includes trips to different cities: the nearby student city of New Haven, the capital of Connecticut - Hartford, and New York, in an area off the Yale coast.
Facilities and equipment at Summer School at Yale University
Yale University is located in the heart of Connecticut. The famous university combines modern technology and ancient Gothic architecture, which allows it to keep up to date, while preserving its prestigious heritage.
Yale University College, which will host the summer school, is equipped with modern amenities: a dining room, a common room, a library, its own theater, classrooms, sports facilities, and the residential building has a separate kitchen for students.
The Yale Library belongs to the famous buildings of the university - one of the copies of the Gutenberg Bible is stored here. Other campus facilities are no less interesting to visit: the Harkness Tower, the famous Woolsey Hall and the university's law school, which is distinguished by its architecture.
Admission dates and extra charges
The duration of one educational session is 2 weeks.
The cost of the course includes:
- Curriculum from 17.5 hours weekly
- Accommodation and meals
- Excursion program
- Entertainment program (afternoon and evening activities)
- Certificate of completion.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To participate in the summer school Summer School at Yale, those who wish should be eligible for admission:
- Age 13-18
- Sufficient command of English (not lower than B1)
- Compliance with the academic schedule, food schedule, participation in recreational or cultural events organized by the school.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Summer School at Yale University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.