Maine central institute (MCI) is an independent, private day school in Pittsfield, Maine, which was founded in 1866. A picturesque place near the Atlantic Ocean has to cycling, fishing, sailing. Teenagers from all over the world come here: about one fifth of the students are foreigners. MCI prepares future leaders with high communication, creative, and professional skills. To assess the level of knowledge gained at school, the following types of examinations are used:
Parents have the opportunity to choose for the child the courses that are most appropriate to the schedule and professional goals. Academic and career counselors work at MCI to help determine the right direction of education . Maine Central Institute is best known for its schools of mathematics and classical ballet.
Weekly program designed to familiarize newbies with MCI. In the mornings, students attend math and English classes, dine in the canteen, get to know the campus, and participate in various activities to meet with faculty and staff before high school students arrive.
The ESL program is designed for students who have difficulty mastering the English language and is divided into three levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced. MCI offers intensive TOEFL and SAT preparation throughout the school year.
The training program is designed with the age of 14-18 years. The Maine Central Institute sets high academic standards: cheating or plagiarism is not encouraged, up to the threat of deduction, but each pupil is given advice from an adviser who helps to make the right choice from the extensive list of programs offered and prompts the possible university for admission, based on the interests and abilities of the graduate . Among the courses most in demand: algebra, astronomy, art, statistics, Latin, Chinese. The priority of the educational component is the development of leadership qualities, sports are encouraged. The school is proud of its course of training in classical ballet.
Language immersion (SOLI) takes place at the end of August for foreign students who are new to MCI. Cost - $ 2000.
The school is a short drive from nearby world-class colleges and museums, it takes an hour to reach the coast of Maine and the mountains, and Bangor International Airport is just 37 miles from the campus. For students built 3 residences: two for boys and one for girls. Students can have a TV, mini-fridge, iron, stereo and personal computer in their rooms. Common lounges are provided for students to communicate, and there is a laundry in the basement of each residence.
The school practices organized trips to the cinema, shopping and restaurants. The Bossov Ballet Theater is a resident of the MCI school, its dancers captivated the scene throughout Maine. The school’s extra-curricular extracurricular program includes 27 sections and clubs, including:
Sports in Maine Central Institute:
Set in school pass in January and in August.
Expenses during the school year:
Cost of the ESL program:
Admission to the MCI continues during the school year and in the summer. The decision on admission is taken a couple of weeks after receipt of all documents. A campus visit and interview is strongly recommended for all applicants. Admission to MCI is based on:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.