Wycliffe Preparatory School
Description of Wycliffe Preparatory School
- Year of foundation: 1882;
- Location: Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, UK;
- Age: from 7 to 13 years;
- Type of institution: private school;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Form of study: full-time;
- Type of program: Mixed.
Wycliffe Preparatory School is a private school with an English system of education and accessible programs for foreign students over 7 years old. From the first day of study, students are surrounded by care, attention and fully involved in the educational process. It is worth noting that highly qualified teachers who use modern and effective teaching methods work with students , despite the fact that the English educational system is faithful to centuries-old traditions.
Wycliffe Preparatory School has been around for more than 100 years, and during this time she has released a large number of outstanding students who have received a quality basic education and have achieved great success in the future professional field of activity. Teachers pay special attention to the development of talents and leadership qualities of their students, regularly monitor the progress of students and, if necessary, make up an individual program. Also, teachers teach students to express their thoughts and ideas, contribute to their independence. Wycliffe preparatory school education is a great opportunity for a successful start in academic activities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Wycliffe Preparatory School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school offers for foreign students full-board accommodation, but the administration understands that in the first years of schooling, students may find it difficult to live in school residences, therefore staying in school from 8:00 to 18:00 is acceptable.
Meals during the course are provided by the full-board system, which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. School cooks responsibly approach the balanced nutrition of students, and if necessary, develop a special menu: vegetarian, taking into account allergies or individual intolerance. Every day, the staff prepares exclusively fresh food, the food menu is regularly updated and consists of special dishes during the holidays.
Activities Wycliffe Preparatory School
The out-of-class life of students is very active and interesting: the administration is trying to make the entertainment not only fascinating, but also bring benefits to the students and develop their skills.
Popular entertainment at the Wycliffe preparatory school are expedition days, which are aimed at improving and developing the abilities of students in a team:
- Cave rides;
- Mountain climbing;
Under the supervision of specialists and in complete, safe, students are offered to challenge themselves and develop skills that they could not count on.
During the holidays, students can try themselves in the new business and discover new talents in themselves, teachers and educators can easily involve students in new activities:
- Tennis camp;
- Drama club;
- Football camp;
- Master class in hockey.
Sports activities :
- Cross country;
While participating in sports activities, students are invited to discover their potential and enjoy learning new skills and work in teams.
- Location in a picturesque, large area;
- Using modern teaching methods;
- Active extracurricular activities;
- Large selection of optional classes;
- Developed school infrastructure;
- Prestigious reputation of the school;
- Having an accelerated program;
- The possibility of living in a school residence;
- Meals on the full board system.
Facilities and equipment at Wycliffe Preparatory School
The Wycliffe preparatory school has a large area, where there are many opportunities for entertainment and recreation, students are surrounded by nature and spend a lot of time outdoors.
In the educational building there are bright and comfortable classrooms that are equipped with modern equipment, for example, in each class there is an interactive whiteboard and projectors. This allows teachers to use modern teaching methods:
- Students prepare presentations;
- Watch video materials;
- Perform various tasks using them.
- Comfortable classrooms;
- Computer classes;
- Creative studios;
- Music studios;
- Concert hall;
- Theatre studio;
- Science laboratories;
- Sports grounds.
During their studies at the preparatory school, studetns have the opportunity to be engaged not only in their studies, but also in art, programming, music, cooking, sports, or studying in a theater studio. These classes contribute favorably to the comprehensive development of students.
Admission dates and extra charges
Academic programs start in January and are divided into 2 semesters:
- First semester: January-March;
- Second semester: April-July.
There are also accelerated programs lasting 4, 5, or 6 weeks.
Some services are paid additionally to tuition fee:
- Registration fee;
- Flight tickets;
- Consular and visa fees;
- Service fee for the selection of programs and preparation of documents;
- Medical insurance;
- Teaching materials, textbooks, books;
- Optional excursions and entertainment;
- Entrance fee;
- English courses;
- Additional individual lessons;
- School development fees;
- Educational deposit;
- School uniform;
- Guardian services;
- Personal pocket money.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the preparatory school, international students need a sufficient level of knowledge of a foreign language to understand the curriculum. The school administration may require an additional internal test for English proficiency.
Full package of documents for admission:
- Completed application;
- The last two school year grades;
- Personal application or motivation letter;
- Recommendation letter from the director and teachers;
- Documents confirming the financial status of parents;
- Medical certificates.
It is important to apply for admission no less than six months before the start of the program in order to have time to issue the necessary documents and obtain a visa.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Wycliffe Preparatory School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.