Long Close School
Description of Long Close School
- Established: 1940
- Location: Uptown, Slough, Berkshire, England
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 300
- Type of institution: private school.
Long Close School was founded in 1940 as a comprehensive school, and in 2004 became a part of the Cognita network of UK private schools. Since then, the school has shown ever-higher academic performance: more than 90% of graduates become students of the best high schools in the UK, and in the future, leading universities in the country and Europe.
The management is confident that a favourable atmosphere is the key to a successful learning process and is necessary for students to develop and realize their academic potential. This concept is confirmed by the 100% successful SIS report, through which the school is recognized as one of the best in Berkshire.
The school is proud of the successful learning outcomes of its graduates:
- 50% of students reached Grade 7 or higher in English, while the national average was 13.9%
- 43.8% of students reached Grade 7 or higher in English literature, while the national average was 20.2%
- 37.5% of students reached Grade 7 or higher in math, while the national average was 15.9%.
An individual approach to each student allows you to quickly identify children with outstanding abilities and talents. In case of revealing talents and special abilities in the kindergarten or preparatory class, the student is offered an individual class program aimed at the harmonious development of these abilities. For schoolchildren, visits to local universities can be organized for short-term courses to develop certain skills or abilities, and to obtain theoretical knowledge. Students who excel in music, theater, or sports have the opportunity to participate in competitions or festivals.
The group of Cognita Schools schools is generally proud of the development of gifted and talented students, but for a long time it was Long Close School that holds the palm among the schools of the network. The manual presents silver and gold badges to those who successfully pass the exams; their portraits are hung on the honor board in the school hall.
Classes at the school end at 15:30, after which the students attend additional classes and clubs or can stay in the extended day group up to 18 hours for a fee.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Long Close School
Activities Long Close School
Each year, the school leadership tries to create a unique schedule of events that are interesting to students of any age: these are trips, excursions, concerts, festivals, master classes. All students from 4 years old have access to sports sections (judo, cricket, football, tennis, etc.), music classes, a theater club, a culinary school, theater art and vocals.
An integral part of the learning process at school is considered to be outdoors. A kindergarten pupil gets to know nature in a playful way, middle-level students go hiking, and high school students take part in the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, which promotes endurance and kindness.
- Particular attention is paid to the development of extraordinary abilities of students.
- Working reward system
- The possibility of partial financing of training by charitable foundations
- Qualified teaching staff
- Several levels of education - from kindergarten to high school, united by one concept .
Facilities and equipment at Long Close School
The school is located on a large site, each educational structure has its own building with an adjacent territory, playgrounds for games and outdoor activities.
School buildings are a symbiosis of classical and modern styles. The territory includes:
- Classrooms for music lessons
- The library
- Art Space
- Laboratory named after Sir William Herschel, where students can follow in the scientific footsteps of the great astronomer who discovered the planet Uranus through the home observatory.
The school kitchen unit was designed to be both a learning area where children are taught the science of food and nutrition. Management always upgrades equipment and cabinets to meet modern standards. A climbing wall added to the main playground several years ago is popular among students.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at Long Close School consists of trimesters. The beginning of classes is September 4, the end is July 10. The kindergarten works year-round without interruptions.
The cost of studying does not include delivery (paid separately if necessary), some additional classes, extended day group.
When submitting documents, a registration fee of £ 100 is paid and a deposit of £ 600 is paid.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at Long Close School , you must:
- Submit an online application on the school website
- Come at the appointed time to get acquainted with the school and the leadership
- Visit trial day
- Pay registration fee - 100 £
- Wait for notification of successful enrollment from the school management
- Make a deposit to the school account, which will be returned at the end of the trimester.
Scholarships Long Close School
Starting from Year 7, students can take part in the scholarship program, which makes it possible to get a 50% discount on tuition.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Long Close School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.