Jilin University is a state university, ranks 15th in the ranking of Chinese universities and is 313th in the world ranking.
The university offers education at 12 different faculties: economics, philosophy, pedagogy, literature, law, natural sciences, history, agronomy, medicine, management, military affairs and the technical faculty. Jilin University is known for high-quality teaching in the areas of “Chemistry” (occupying 51 lines in the world), “Natural Sciences” (256 lines) and “Engineering and Technologies” (336 lines).
Education is held at a high level under the guidance of 4000 teachers - this is what attracts students from all over the world (foreigners at the university more than 2000). After graduation, it is easy for graduates to find work in China, since the educational institution prepares qualified specialists who will always be in demand all over the world.
The university provides financial support to some of the students.
An outstanding graduate of Jilin University is Nobel Prize winner Liu Xiaobo.
The most popular programs among foreigners are:
Students are given the opportunity to live in comfortable 1-2-bed dormitory rooms on campus. Students can eat in a cafe on the campus or near it.
Additional housing costs will range from 715 to 1,500 yuan / month. If housing is rented for a short period, then the cost can reach 3600 yuan / month.
Jilin University is located in Changchun and has modern technical equipment: in addition to classrooms, the buildings also have laboratories and research centers, places for sports and a library.
The academic year is divided into two semesters: winter and summer. To register at the university will take about 400 yuan.
To enroll in a bachelor's degree at Jilin University, applicants must provide a certificate of complete secondary education and pass the entrance exam. For admission to the magistracy, students must provide a bachelor's degree, an entrance exam is also present.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.