VIA University College was founded in 2008 by the merger of several small educational institutions. Today, it is the third largest university in the country, with about 20,000 students and more than 2,000 teachers. The main campus is located in Aarhus, 8 more - in other regions of the country.
Each campus has a student council or social society, in the area of responsibility of which is the improvement of the quality of academic and student life. More than 16, 000 students joined various clubs, associations and interest groups. The Student Counseling Service comes to the aid of students, where you can get an answer and help on any issue.
There is a mentoring service for freshmen and foreign students: more than 100 experienced students offer individual and group communication sessions in order to mitigate adaptation in a new country or educational institution.
In addition to the main programs - bachelor's and master's - at the university there are winter and summer schools. The educational institution has established strong scientific relations with many European universities, so that students can go for 1 or 2 semesters to exchange in any of them.
All students in need are provided with a place in the hostel, which is with each of the 8 buildings. Double and triple occupancy is practiced, the rooms are furnished with beds, wardrobes, chairs and tables. Everyone has access to the Internet.
Students can prepare meals on their own or purchase in the cafeteria, canteens or restaurants of the city.
VIA University College campuses are located in:
All campuses have a similar internal structure: classrooms, lecture halls, libraries, cafeterias, research laboratories, sports grounds.
The academic year for bachelor's and master's programs at VIA University College begins in September and February, winter and summer schools start in winter and summer, respectively. Additionally, students pay for meals, accommodation, if necessary - travel to the educational building.
In order to become a student at VIA University College, an applicant must provide:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.