The University of World Economy and Diplomacy
Description of The University of World Economy and Diplomacy
- Established: 1992
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
The University of World Economy and Diplomacy (JIDU) was founded in 1992 and is a part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
1366 students are studying under the academic undergraduate and graduate programs, 26 of which are foreign citizens of Canada, Japan, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan and other countries. The teaching staff of JIDU totals 160 people, 17 of which are doctors of science, and 52 are candidates of science.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The University of World Economy and Diplomacy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides a hostel to its students. The residence includes two buildings with 800 places.
- The University is included in TOP-20 best universities in the country, occupying the 15th position in the ranking
- JIDU attracts foreign professors from leading educational institutions of Great Britain, Japan, South Korea, Poland to the educational process on an ongoing basis
- The educational institution offers foreign internship programs to students.
Facilities and equipment at The University of World Economy and Diplomacy
The main building of JIDU is located in Tashkent - the capital of Uzbekistan. The material and technical base of the university includes sports infrastructure and a library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
The cost of living in Tashkent is $ 486 -747 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter preparatory courses you must provide:
- Copy of passport / birth certificate
- Photo 3x4 (2 pcs.).
For admission to undergraduate programs you must:
- An application addressed to the principal indicating the direction, language and form of education
- Copy of passport / birth certificate
- Education document
- Photography (on campus).
Admission is based on the results of state tests in a foreign language, mathematics / history, mother tongue and literature.
Admission to the magistracy is carried out in the prescribed manner by passing written examinations in the specialty and exam in a foreign language.
The maximum score scored by an applicant is 300. These points are formed from the following components:
- the average ranking for a bachelor’s diploma is from 55 to 100 points
- points in subjects of specialty - from 0 to 100 points
- points in a foreign language - from 0 to 100 points.
For admission to doctoral studies it is necessary:
- Education Documents
- List of published scientific papers
- Scientific report on the research topic and a detailed draft of the dissertation plan
- IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL (PBT) 567 points / TOEFL (iBT) 87 points / CEFR B2 / internal foreign language exam
- Help lens
- A copy of the work book, certified in the prescribed manner (if any)
- Characteristic from the place of work (if available).
Holders of the State Scholarship of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan provide a copy of the relevant document.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about The University of World Economy and Diplomacy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.