California State University, Northridge Summer
Description of California State University, Northridge Summer
- Location: Los Angeles, United States
- Age of students: 10-17 years
- Intensity of education: 15 hours per week
- Duration of programs: 1-6 weeks
- Group and individual lessons
- Language of instruction: English.
Summer school on the basis of California State University, Northridge is an opportunity to try to study in Los Angeles, one of the brightest, most interesting, original and fashionable cities in the United States. This is an opportunity to improve the English language, and to get acquainted with American culture – the one that we are all accustomed to seeing in the cinema since childhood! Unobtrusive, interesting and active lessons here are interspersed with a huge number of entertainment and excursions, and the company of new friends from all over the world will become the best team for unforgettable holidays.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in California State University, Northridge Summer
Accommodation, meals, prices
All students of the summer school live on the basis of the university campus. The residences offer separate apartments for boys and girls: each has 2 bedrooms, a living room and a bathroom.
Meals three times a day + snacks:
- Breakfast: 07:15-08:15
- Lunch: 12:00-13:00
- Dinner: 18:15-19:00.
On request and prior request, a separate diet can be prepared (dietary, anti-allergic, vegetarian, etc.).
Activities California State University, Northridge Summer
In their free time, students go on excursions to the most famous tourist sites, sights of the city, state and the United States. Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Venice Beach, Universal Studios, Santa Monica Beach, Six Flags Magic Mountain Amusement Park, Griffith Park and the local observatory – all this you can see with your own eyes! Entertainment is also organized on campus: master classes, discos, pool parties, team games and competitions (for example, Oxford Beach Olympics), evenings of international culture, etc.
Facilities and equipment at California State University, Northridge Summer
The los Angeles campus is the largest among the network's summer centers. Here, everything necessary is prepared for students - for life, study and recreation: a swimming pool, ping-pong tables, volleyball courts, large fields and playgrounds for games, sports. Wi-Fi and laundry facilities are available on site. The entire campus is guarded 24/7.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is just 40 minutes' drive away, and it takes half an hour to get to downtown and Hollywood. For all trips, students are provided with private buses from the camp.
Admission dates and extra charges
The price of the courses already includes:
- English Classes
- Learning Materials and Manuals
- Branded certificate at the end
- Accommodation and meals (residence, full board)
- Registration fee on arrival
- Program of entertainment, excursions and extracurricular activities
- All local travel and relocations.
To be paid separately and is not included in the price:
- Deposit for the safety of property in the residence / from the loss of the key = 100$
- Registration fee = 200$
- Travel Companion (for children under 13 years old) = $50/day
- Medical insurance = $2.50/day.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about California State University, Northridge Summer
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.