Language School CEL in Los Angeles
Description of Language School CEL in Los Angeles
The language school College of English Language (CEL) was founded in 1981 in Southern California and today offers high-quality English language courses, as well as TOEFL and Cambridge exam preparation courses for Russian and foreign students.
C EL conducts education on the basis of three campuses located in popular, vibrant US cities: San Diego, Pacific Beach, Los Angeles. Studying here provides an opportunity to get acquainted with American culture, students from other countries, to develop communication skills in international communities.
College management invites leading teachers to work, organizes classes for small classes (maximum filling is 12 students), creates an enriching academic environment. The schedule is determined by the specifics of the program, the course. It usually includes academic classes, self-study. Electives provided for the schedule, students attend at will.
The school is accredited by the prestigious Commission for Accreditation of English (CEA), recognized by the American Exchange Student Program (SEVIS), and also recognized as a member of the Association of Language Tourism Organizations (ALTO).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Language School CEL in Los Angeles
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school provides a wide range of housing options:
- Host family
- Separate flat
- Shared housing with other students.
The school chooses suitable housing for students, based on three principles - cleanliness, comfort, convenience.
- Cost of living - from $ 270 / week.
Activities Language School CEL in Los Angeles
The learning process is based on a combination of educational and extracurricular activities. The activities allow students to explore the city, practice English language skills outside the classroom, and make new friends from other countries. Events are scheduled for the whole week, and excursions - for the weekend. Sample list:
- Excursions (Las Vegas, Grand Canyon)
- Kayaking in La Jolla
- Surf lessons
- Trips (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Hollywood)
- Excursion to the studio Universal.
- College with the study of English guarantees for Russian, foreign students the best quality techniques and a variety of forms of education. In order to properly comply with these standards, educational services are regularly evaluated for compliance with SEVIS accreditation requirements.
- The school offers quality English language courses with local certified teachers. Academic programs include the use of interactive teaching methods that increase the potential of students.
- Education on the basis of three campuses located in the beautiful, tourist-developed areas of Southern California. Studying English, students go in for sports, shopping, art, beach rest, surfing, attend nightclubs and parties, local restaurants with sea food, see local sights.
- Student services, admissions and housing committees are always available and help to resolve emerging issues.
- Intercultural education with students from all over the world.
Facilities and equipment at Language School CEL in Los Angeles
Modern classrooms are equipped with the latest technology: Smart TV, sound systems for easy audio-visual learning, free Wi-Fi, air conditioning. Open access to several computers for personal use or for self-study, recreation areas, kitchen.
Admission dates and extra charges
Classes start: every Monday.
The lesson lasts 45 minutes.
- General English / General English course - 16+ from $ 300 / week.
- Academic year - 16+ from $ 280 / week.
- Exam preparation TOEFL / Preparation for the test TOEFL - 16+ from $ 300 / week.
- Exam preparation Cambridge / Cambridge Language Preparation FCE, CAE– 16+ from $ 3300/10 weeks.
- Individual lessons - ask managers for information.
- English + surfing - specify information from managers.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 100 USD
- Registration fee (for accommodation) 100 USD
- Study materials 10 USD
- Transfer (one way) 125 USD
- Medical insurance 3 USD
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Language School CEL in Los Angeles
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.