University of Connecticut
Description of University of Connecticut
- Year of foundation: 1881
- Location: Connecticut, USA
- Age: from 18 years old
- Type: State University
- Number of students: about 30,000
- Language learning: English.
The University of Connecticut or University of Connecticut (UConn) is an institution of higher education in America located in Connecticut. The university’s main campus is in Storrs, just forty-five kilometers east of the state capital Hartford. Campus Storrs has five regional offices:
- Avery Point (in Groton): US Coast Guard Research Center
- Hartford: Faculty of Law and Social Work + Scientific and Research Divisions of the School of Business
- Pharmington Medical and Dental Schools.
Education at all academic levels and obtaining scientific degrees is carried out according to the American tradition in colleges and schools of the humanities and natural sciences, agriculture and natural resources, pedagogy, medicine, nursing care, management, engineering. The University of Connecticut is one of the twenty best state universities in the US thanks to its cutting-edge research, academic victories and initiatives that promote science. UConn was the second American university invited to the elite network of Universitas 21.
Famous UConn alumni include American physicist, Nobel laureate in physics David Morris Lee, American musician Mobi, four players of the IBA team, professional basketball players, writers, actors, former Turkish Prime Minister Tansu Chiller.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Connecticut
Accommodation, meals, prices
The University of Connecticut is a major institution of higher education, in which about 8% of foreigners study, so there is a dormitory on campus with 11,000 students.
Campus accommodation options include hostels, suites and apartments. Residential areas are equipped with volleyball courts, Wi-Fi, free laundry, games and training rooms, recreation areas. The rooms have a bed, desk, chair, mirror, dresser and wardrobe. Students can choose to live in one of the 19 learning communities that share common interests.
Young people living on campus have unlimited access to dining rooms near the dormitories during working hours starting at 7 am. Buffet offers a number of cafes seven days a week.
Activities University of Connecticut
UConn offers more than 620 student clubs and organizations: from aerobics classes and the 3D Printing Club to the Student Film Organization and the American Institute of Civil Engineers; In addition, the campus is home to museums, galleries and theaters. The university encourages sports activities: from club sports to student recreation center and well-known NCAA Division I teams.
- More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the university in the field of teaching, research, propaganda
- The opportunity to participate in student exchange programs
- As a Carnegie Foundation's research university, in recent years, it has been ranked among the top five best universities in the world by GreenMetric IU thanks to its internationally recognized energy management, sustainable development scholarships and the proportion of green spaces on campus
- Forbes Magazine ranked the University in 30th place among 124 national state universities that were marked as the “Best American Colleges” in 2012
- Included in the top 5% of the best universities in the world.
Admission dates and extra charges
Part of the cost of training can be reimbursed due to financial support from the university.
- University student fees - $ 3428
- Accommodation on campus - $ 7238
- Food - $ 6020.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- In addition to the exam grades, you must provide information about your previous progress in order to enter the University of Connecticut.
- The competition for one seat is about 2 people.
- The academic year is divided into two semesters.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Connecticut
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.