Mon-Fri 8-17, Sat-Sun 10-16
(UK time)
Currently watching: 3
Apply with documents

University college of the North

Address: 436 7 St E, The Pas, MB R9A 1T4, Canada

Description University college of the North

  • Established: 2004
  • Location: Pa, Manitoba, Canada
  • Language of instruction: English
  • Number of students: 3000
  • Type: state.

University College of the North was founded in 2004 by transforming from the North Manitoba Training Center, established in 1966.

The university has an extensive student assistance program:

  • Since dormitories are only available on Bay St. campuses George, Burin, and Happy Valley-Goose Bay, the school has a housing department with the goal of helping students find free urban housing
  • University College of the North offers full-time students medical and dental insurance, 24-hour medical care and free medicine
  • The campuses of Corner Brook, Happy Valley Goose Bay, and Prince Philip Drive have licensed childcare facilities that employ both professional educators and pedagogical students.

University management ensures that students get to know and communicate with each other. To this end, the Ten Thousand Cups of Coffee program helps to cope, thanks to which current students, graduates and teachers can find friends based on similar interests, hobbies, etc.

Another area of the institution's activities is the popularization and dissemination of knowledge and traditions of Aboriginal people. The Mamawechetotan Center on campus Pas and I niniwi kiskinwamakewin in Thompson contribute to this goal .

Programs, courses and tuition/boarding fees, prices in University college of the North

Program name


  • Duration of study: 2-3 semesters
  • Language of instruction: English
  • Age: 17+
  • Form of education: full-time.


  • Aboriginal bridging program
  • Aircraft Structural Repair Technician
  • Art & Design Essentials
  • Auto Body and Collision Technician
  • Automotive Service Technician
  • Baking and pastry arts
  • Business administration
  • Cabinetmaker
  • Comprehensive Arts & Science (CAS) Transfer: College-University
  • Comprehensive Arts & Science (CAS) Transition
  • Construction / Industrial Electrician
  • Hairstylist
  • Heavy Duty Equipment Technician / Truck and Transport Mechanic
  • Heavy Equipment Operator
  • Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
  • Instrumentation and Control Technician
  • Non-Destructive Testing Technician
  • Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
  • Powerline technician
  • Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic
  • Small Equipment Service Technician .


  • Duration of study: 2-3 years
  • Language of instruction: English
  • Age: 17+
  • Form of education: full-time.


  • Agriculture Technician Co-op
  • Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technician
  • Architectural engineering technology
  • Business Administration (Human Resource Management)
  • Business Administration (Marketing)
  • Chemical Process Engineering Technology (Co-op)
  • Civil Engineering Technology (Co-op)
  • Community Leadership Development
  • Community Recreation Leadership
  • Computer Systems and Networking
  • Computing Systems Engineering Technology (Co-op)
  • Electrical Engineering Technology (Power & Controls) Co-op
  • Electronic Systems Engineering Technology (Co-op)
  • Electronics Engineering Technology (Biomedical)
  • Environmental Engineering Technology (Co-op)
  • Geomatics / Surveying Engineering Technology (Co-op)
  • Industrial Engineering Technology (Co-op)
  • Instrumentation and Controls Engineering Technology
  • Mechanical Engineering Technology (Manufacturing) Co-op.


  • Scholarship support for gifted students through government grants
  • A busy research and leisure life
  • A wide range of social assistance to students
  • Modern campus equipment
  • Qualified teaching staff
  • Collaboration with international educational organizations.

Equipment University college of the North

University College of the North are two major campuses in Pa and Thompson and 12 in the regions:

  • Churchill
  • Cross lake
  • Easterville
  • Flin flon
  • Pukatawagan (Mathias Colomb)
  • Grand Rapids (Misipawistik)
  • Nelson House (Nisichawayasihk)
  • Norway House
  • Oxford House (Bunibonibee)
  • St. Theresa point
  • Split lake
  • Swan River .

Most campuses are members of the Indigenous Community. On the campuses of Pukatawagan , Norway House and Easterville, there are public libraries for all residents of the city, which are sponsored not by the university, but by local authorities.

Map, location

Insurance, flights, residence permits, citizenship and other services

University college of the North reviews

Recommendations on when to apply

Language courses, schools and children's language camps Primary and secondary education - private schools Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA
- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs)
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program,
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program,
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively

- recommended submission one year before the start of the program,
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.
Similar schools
Callback Free course selection Online consultant