Description of Confederation College
- Established: 1967
- Type of institution: higher education institution
- Location: Thunder Bay, Canada
- Number of students: 6500
- Language of instruction: English.
Confederation College was founded in 1967 and today is the leader in preparation of highly qualified personnel in the fields of accounting, medicine, aviation, restaurant and hotel business. The college offers more than 60 full-time academic programs, where 6500 students study, 1200 of which are foreign citizens.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Confederation College
Accommodation, meals, prices
The college provides students with an opportunity to stay in a residence:
- Spruce and Cedar Houces: fully furnished single rooms and common areas (kitchen, bathroom, laundry) Cost = 7730 $ CAD / year
- Sibley Hall: fully furnished single or double rooms, common areas (kitchen, living room) and meals. Cost = 8300 $ CAD -10 000 $ CAD / year.
College students have access to host family accommodation, including meals and a separate room. Cost = $ 800 CAD / month.
Activities Confederation College
In their free time, students can visit the Art Gallery and the Bolshoi Performing Arts Theater located on the college grounds.
Students can join the following athletic and sports teams:
- Women's hockey team
- Men's Futsal Team
- Women's Futsal Team
- Cross country running team
- Curling team
- Golf team.
- International students can receive scholarships and discounts in the amount of 500 $ CAD-1000 $ CAD during training for achieving high results in studies or other projects of an educational institution and for outstanding achievements in previous educational programs even at the enrollment stage
- 85% of students are employed within 6 months after graduation
- College students automatically become members of Student Union of Confederation College, which allows them to get a bus pass, medical insurance with dental services, discounts on events organized on college campuses, etc.
Facilities and equipment at Confederation College
The main college campus is located in Ontario, Canada, in the center of Thunder Bay. In total, Confederation College has 9 campuses. Logistics includes:
- Aviation Center of Excellence
- Specialized laboratories
- The library
- Book Shop.
Admission dates and extra charges
College begins in the fall and winter.
- Application Fee 95 $ CAD
- Deposit (non-refundable) $ 500 CAD
- Cost of living in Ontario 929 $ CAD-1541 $ CAD / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applications are accepted through the international college portal of Ontario.
Applicants must provide:
- Education Documents
- Copies of transcripts
- TOEFL iBT 79-88 / IELTS 6.0-6.5 (not lower than 5.5 in each part)
- Copy of passport
- Study permit
- Letter of Acceptance from the Confederation
- Immunization and medical records (for some programs)
- Letters of recommendation from employers (if any).
If the English proficiecny of the applicant is not enough to enter the desired course, then he can enroll in an academic program with conditional admission, which requires preliminary studying in the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course at college.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Confederation College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.