Universitas Sumatera Utara (USU)is the seventh state university in Indonesia, as well as the largest clinic in Utara. Since 1959, USU has had engineering and economics faculties, in 1960 the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry was established. Less than 10 years later, the university managed seven faculties: five in Medan, two in Aceh province.
At the moment, the university offers more than a hundred different programs of higher education at sixteen faculties:
Student dormitories for women and men are separate, located on campus.
Enrollment of students in dormitories takes place on a first-come, first-served basis, subject to availability.
Students are prohibited from leaving residential buildings after 22:00 local time.
In the auditorium, scientific readings and thematic seminars, graduation and social events are held monthly.
The university's campus is located in Padang Bulan in Medan on an area of 122 hectares. The main building holds about 1500 students.
On the territory there are:
Training takes place in semesters, begins on September 30. Holidays are held on international and national holidays: Christmas, New Year, etc.
You need to apply from April 12 to June 4, pass internal exams - from April 12 to July 15.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.